View Full Version : Is Anyone Else Like Me?

ShiftFMX
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, I have seen WAY too Much of this

Ford VS. Chevy VS. Dodge Crap!

I for one, am no where brand biased. Yes, I drive a Ford, But this doesnt mean that I dislike Chevy or dodge. I actually think my next truck will be a Silverado, just for a change of scenery, I would love to have a Cummins as well. I dont know if a lot of you guys are "brainwashed" to think that one of these trucks will out last one another :rolleyes: . The other day I saw a Ford F350 with 350,000 Miles on it and it ran excellent. I have heard of Fords goin 12,000 miles and Needing a new trans, Its all in how you maintain and use your vehicle. Now, I know there is such thing as, "brand Loyalty," like saying, "All I wear is Nike, Nike owns all!!" but does this mean Adidas just plain Blows? No, Honestly, Its the Same stuff! Just like Our trucks that we argue about.

I hope I got the ball rolling for a great discussion, Lets Hear it

Now Toyota...Thats a whole different discussion :rolleyes:

pro-rider46
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
you and me are just alike!, if it is fast and powerful, i dont care what it is

450raider
12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah same here, honestly ive been a little american car biased forever but i see foreign car companies having just as many jobs/plants as american places do in this country (and seeing "assembled in mexico" stickers in cars ive had dont help much either), ive always been all american all ford but lately ive been thinking what my next truck will be in a few years and im stuck between the new silverado, titan, upgraded f150, or if im doing real well money wise then one of those international trucks, but had someone asked me a year ago a foreign vehicle wouldnt have been an option but as of right now im still all FORD :p!!

mx1791
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
i personally dont care about brands either. when i get a lisence and start driving, i will take w/e truck i can get as long as its got a back seat and a full sized bed..

firefighterjosh
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Ford Chassis + Dodge Cummins + Chevy Interior = Drool.

Other then that I hate them all

300exOH
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I used to be a Gm only guy but after owning a colorado I have become much less brand loyal. I still despise 2 brands though Ford and Toyota...no offense. I just don't like how they do things or the looks of them but thats just personal opinion. The thing I don't like most about Ford is the redneck image they portray in their commercials. I do feel that for the most part they are both reliable...although my parents have had troubles with their new camry. I would like to own a honda car for the wife and a subaru wrx for myself someday though. I used to hate dodge until my buddy bought his 98 dakota. It turned out to be a great truck and I actually ended up buying it from him last year. It is now my daily driver and has been super reliable even with just under 150K miles. I even took it for a 1000 mile round trip to myrtle beach last summer with the family and never had one problem. I'm starting to think that just about all the major brands have the ability to be a great vehicle if properly cared for and not abused.

wilkin250r
12-20-2007, 03:46 AM
The topics of such debates are always "Power" or "towing capacity", or they might be transmission reliability, or other such items.

I tell you, I owned two Fords, an F150 and an Explorer, and they were the most comfortable trucks I've ever owned. My buddy had a Toyota, and it felt like I was sitting on a cardboard seat, I'll never own one.

Robin Hood
12-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I don't care what anybody drives as long as it gets them from A to B... Although, after my dodge's tranny dropped out on me twice in 3 months... I might become a tad biased... :grr:

honda8&3
12-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I totally agree Adam. I'm not a Ford guy, but I do like your truck LOL:devil: I've always been a GM guy,but I really like Dodge trucks now. Especially Cummins LOL.:cool:

bulkdriverlp
12-20-2007, 06:47 AM
as soon as somebody mentions a brand, you can guarantee theres a bash reply coming. it gets pretty old, im totally sick of it myself. why cant people just keep the stupid useless comments to themselves. if you dont have anything good to say about somebodys vehicle, move on to the next topic and say something smart *** there. dammit.......

Kickstarts-suck
12-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Im a Ford guy only because my family is and we have never had any problems with any Ford we have owned. My grandfather is a huge chevy guy and always has something to say about fords when we come over but the funny thing is when he bought his chevy 3500 in 98 it blew the motor 6 months after..

I like other brands too, I was looking for an older chevy truck too but came across a great deal on my F150.

chris46250r
12-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Most people are brand loyal because thats what thier dad, grandfather, uncle or whole dang family drove. And thats perfectly fine. Just keep in mind that there are other people that are as brand loyal as you are, only to a different brand, for the same reasons. You should be proud of what you drive just dont be ignorant because of what you dont drive.

CDCHONDAS
12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
They all have have goods and bads and none are really that bad, I drive chevy because I like the ride, I'm comfortable in them and I know more about their vehicles.

400exrider707
12-20-2007, 08:39 AM
They're all mechanical objects made by man, they will all fail at some point. Some fail faster than others, but its too hard to say, "I have a buddy who drives brand X and it has 20,000,000 miles on it with no problems) A lot of it is how its maintained and used. I know pulling trucks that make better daily drivers than what some of the soccer moms drive around here. I also know people that can't maintain themselves, let a lone a vehicle.

I've always grown up Die hard FORD. I am still driving a FORD, but that is only because it was the only diesel truck I really liked. Before I found this, I seriously considered purchasing a Honda Ridgeline or a Toyota Tacoma, only thing that swayed me was the deal I found on this diesel. I do not consider myself brand biased anymore (though I like poking fun at the dodge and chevy guys for fun once in a while) and I think any new truck is nice IMO.

RaptorRacer45
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
WTF!.... if you looked up "pointless" in the Dictionary a picture of that thing would be right there

Dinner
12-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Like others have said, the Big 3 all have problems, malfunctions, etc of their own. I'm not up to date on Gas engines, but I'm pretty decent when it comes to the Diesels in the Big 3. All of the Diesels are having problems with the Emissions Electronics, things like that. And even the older generation Diesels..each company has had its up and downs, but there are still a lot of people people each brand.

Originally posted by CDCHONDAS
I'm comfortable in them and I know more about their vehicles.

That's a good statement as well. I have grown up around Cummins most of my life, and so I drive a Dodge. I know my vehicle well, and I know quite a bit about Cummins ISB Engines. So if it starts giving me trouble, whatever, I know where to look and what to look for and will know what is happening so I can quickly fix it myself.

And as 400exrider707 said..it's good old fun to poke at each other if they have a different brand truck. Just don't take it too far:rolleyes:

07250ex
12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Ok, I have seen WAY too Much of this

Ford VS. Chevy VS. Dodge Crap!

I for one, am no where brand biased. Yes, I drive a Ford, But this doesnt mean that I dislike Chevy or dodge. I actually think my next truck will be a Silverado, just for a change of scenery, I would love to have a Cummins as well. I dont know if a lot of you guys are "brainwashed" to think that one of these trucks will out last one another :rolleyes: . The other day I saw a Ford F350 with 350,000 Miles on it and it ran excellent. I have heard of Fords goin 12,000 miles and Needing a new trans, Its all in how you maintain and use your vehicle. Now, I know there is such thing as, "brand Loyalty," like saying, "All I wear is Nike, Nike owns all!!" but does this mean Adidas just plain Blows? No, Honestly, Its the Same stuff! Just like Our trucks that we argue about.

I hope I got the ball rolling for a great discussion, Lets Hear it

Now Toyota...Thats a whole different discussion :rolleyes:

adidas is gay its like the geo metro of sports wear and nike is the vette

dirtbike&quad
12-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
adidas is gay its like the geo metro of sports wear and nike is the vette

alright buddy

07250ex
12-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
alright buddy

lol i felt like saying something really dumb :devil:

Kickstarts-suck
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
lol i felt like saying something really dumb :devil:

well you sure did.... :eek:

nick249420
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
WARNING!
THIS IS JUST A JOKE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SORRY

Kickstarts-suck
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by nick249420
WARNING!
THIS IS JUST A JOKE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SORRY

omg i knew it wouldn't last....
:rolleyes:

nick249420
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
i like trucks period ...although im not a big fan of toyotas yet WAY TOO MANY RECALLS
if i were to buy a truck though it would be the one my dad drives

2002 GMC sierra 2500 HD crew cab:macho
this thing huals @$$
rides like a caddy off road
he pulled 2 bobcats in a 26ft enclosed trailer with no problems at all you can tell they are there but it doesnt struggle one bit

12-20-2007, 07:06 PM
y get a truck and waste gas when you can get a nice Sti?

Blue250X
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
y get a truck and waste gas when you can get a nice Sti?

What can a nice Sti tow or haul these days?

12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
many of these truck owners dont even use them for towing they get them just to say "hey i got a truck"

ShiftFMX
12-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck

troyleepred719
12-21-2007, 07:12 AM
To me there isnt a such thing as a perfect truck. Honestly is you want to build a perfect truck, your gonna have to sombine all of them. I work in PEP boys commercial, i sel about 30k worth of parts to shops a week, i know all of them Will go wrong. A trucks a truck, I love mine, but ****FMX will tell you, I will bust his balls all day about his truck but the truth is, I LOVE HIS TRUCK, i was driving by NYMO yesteray and thought it was his truck in the dway, so i pulled in to look better but it wasnt. All trucks are trucks, all have downfalls. I love the new toyotas, who can fight with 281 horses stock, but will i by one, hell no.....i dont buy things that will float. But I have always been a GM guy, and will tell you nnow, my net truck is going to be a powerstroke.... Its part of life...

troyleepred719
12-21-2007, 07:13 AM
EDit; toyotas make 381 STOCK..

brendn35
12-21-2007, 07:32 AM
i drive a 95 eddie bauer bronco and i will probably never get rid of it. in my opinion ford did a pretty good job with that but im savin to buy a z71 right now for something to haul my quad in. to me i think the brand bullcrap is a personal preference and some trucks are more your style than others

nick249420
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck

thats why i said its a joke
my brother drives a 91 ford f 150
i like it alot .. but its constantly needing new parts
soo i found that picture to jerk his chian

Dinner
12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
To me there isnt a such thing as a perfect truck. Honestly is you want to build a perfect truck, your gonna have to sombine all of them. I work in PEP boys commercial, i sel about 30k worth of parts to shops a week, i know all of them Will go wrong. A trucks a truck, I love mine, but ****FMX will tell you, I will bust his balls all day about his truck but the truth is, I LOVE HIS TRUCK, i was driving by NYMO yesteray and thought it was his truck in the dway, so i pulled in to look better but it wasnt. All trucks are trucks, all have downfalls. I love the new toyotas, who can fight with 281 horses stock, but will i by one, hell no.....i dont buy things that will float. But I have always been a GM guy, and will tell you nnow, my net truck is going to be a powerstroke.... Its part of life...

Agreed. Trucks are generally all the same, just with a few different options here, little thing there, etc. I don't see myself buying another truck anytime soon...so I'm making this one into my "perfect" truck. And it's always nice knowing what the truck has gone through it's whole life.