View Full Version : Programs at startup

Scro
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
My sister has like 4 different programs like AIM, Yahoo IM, popping up when you startup the computer. It takes forever just because it's trying to load them all up at one time. How do I get them to where they are not?

dpizz450
12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
go to start, then programs and look for start up. if their not under there your gonna have to go to the settings under each program and you will find it somewhere under the options or settings to disable it on start up. hope this helps.i know i think for AIM its like that.

JOEX
12-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Click:
Start
Run
type msconfig in the box
Click on the startup tab
Uncheck the programs you don't to start

Scro
12-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Click:
Start
Run
type msconfig in the box
Click on the startup tab
Uncheck the programs you don't to start

You the man! There are about twenty things on there besides AOL, AIM, and all the other crap she has. Are there programs that I need to have checked?

JOEX
12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Scro
You the man! There are about twenty things on there besides AOL, AIM, and all the other crap she has. Are there programs that I need to have checked?
Yea, I think some you need to keep but someone else will have to say which ones.

Rip_Tear
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
just unclick the ones you know you don't want at start up, Aim msn etc, any that you know don't affect the system. I wouldn't try touching any of the ones that have a location in the Microsoft area.