PDA

View Full Version : RV concept

elmer91
12-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I am in a club at school called TSA (technology Student Association) and need to come up with a design for a concept RV for one of the events. it has be made out of balsa wood. i cant think of anything, and was wondering if anybody has any cool design/ideas.

Robin Hood
12-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Maybe like a tag along w/ pop outs and a flatbed/trailer type platform on the back to hold quads/bikes.

Make a big rig rv. Like, take an 18 wheeler and make the trailer of it the living quarters w/ the side pop outs and all the goodies.

elmer91
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
we( other club members) have thought about that, but the hard part is that we have a piece of balsa wood. i think it is 12X3X3. not sure on the measurement, but that is about the size.

Flyin-Low
12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
What about.. A freestyle ramp built into the back of the RV?

It would lift up so you could drive your quad into a storage area, then just drive somewhere and park the RV facing a landing ramp. Then just drive the quad out, do a little freestyle and go in the RV for some rest :D

Might be neat lol.

-Martin

parkers30
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
A bus style RV with the back portion turned into a deck to haul larger toys like trucks and buggies. Might be a little simpler to make then the other ideas.

chris46250r
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by elmer91
we( other club members) have thought about that, but the hard part is that we have a piece of balsa wood. i think it is 12X3X3. not sure on the measurement, but that is about the size.

So is that one piece of wood all that you are allowed to use? Are you wanting to make something like a toy size model?

elmer91
12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
So is that one piece of wood all that you are allowed to use? Are you wanting to make something like a toy size model?

yeah, it is a toy size model. and that is what we can use, but i can add other peices to it for details. ( like if it was a car, i could add a wing). it is going to be CO2 powered, so there has to room for that in the back. last years competition was easier, it was designing a muscle car.

smr
12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Maybe like a tag along w/ pop outs and a flatbed/trailer type platform on the back to hold quads/bikes..

You know, I have often wondered why we don't see these.

elmer91
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
i was originally thinking about something like the GMC Pad, but it is to complex to make out of wood. here is a link to a pic.
http://www.dexigner.com/detail/files/5247.jpg