PDA

View Full Version : jetting w/ stock exhuast.

mdono10375
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
hi all, i have a 400ex: built to 416, with 11:1 forged wiseco piston, hotcams stage 1... but with a stock silencer to keep the neighbors happy... any jetting ideas? I had a 42 pilot with a 160 main with an open exhaust, and it seemed fine. i want it to be quiet to keep the cops away, but im keeping the mods... any ideas?
Thanks

mdono10375
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
anyone...anyone...?

hornetgod13
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Airbox lid on 155/158K. Lid off 160/162K

mdono10375
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
what should i do with the needle clip and pilot?

hornetgod13
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
40k or 42k should be fine. Middle slot on the needle might be a touch lean, the 4th slot down could be the way to go. It really depends on your riding altitude and temperature. Jetting varies and it's hard to recommend a specific jets but, this should get you close.

TRXRacer1
01-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by mdono10375
hi all, i have a 400ex: built to 416, with 11:1 forged wiseco piston, hotcams stage 1... but with a stock silencer to keep the neighbors happy... any jetting ideas? I had a 42 pilot with a 160 main with an open exhaust, and it seemed fine. i want it to be quiet to keep the cops away, but im keeping the mods... any ideas?
Thanks Nobody will be able to honestly tell you what you need without being there and looking at your machine but we do know that going from an open exhaust to a stock silencer is like putting a big cork in your system. Assuming that your jetting was good for you before you'll just be going down from where you are at. Start out with some plug checks and see how it's doing. You may actually be fine where you're at considering how cold it is now.

RATPACK Z400
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Are you just riding on own property? if its noise ordinense your worry about dont ride after 10-11pm I wouldn,t go though the BS for neighbor ID ride somewhere else FOR GOD SAKES YOU LIVE IN PA,thats like the mecca of trail riding.

mdono10375
01-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Um ya, it's also the mecca of "No Trespassing" signs. I dont know where you heard that one. I have to drive at least 2 in any direction to geet to a legal riding area. It also helps detract attention from me when riding in any of the illegal riding areas i usually ride at.... because there are no legal places near me, except for damn tracks. i hate tracks. i like woods riding, not jumping and racing. who gives a damn what or why i do what i do to MY quad. i'm only asking for ADVICE on how, not even how. I know how. at the very least, the noise gives me a friggin headace so much that im beginning to hate riding.

mdono10375
01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Um ya, it's also the mecca of "No Trespassing" signs. I dont know where you heard that one. I have to drive at least 2 in any direction to geet to a legal riding area. If I opened a "No Trespassing" Factory, I'd be a god damn millionaire!
It also helps detract attention from me when riding in any of the illegal riding areas i usually ride at.... because there are no legal places near me, except for damn tracks. i hate tracks. i like woods riding, not jumping and racing. who gives a damn what or why i do what i do to MY quad. i'm only asking for ADVICE on how, not even how. I know how. at the very least, the noise gives me a friggin headace so much that im beginning to hate riding.