PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about this shee

ny300exrider
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
im having a hard time deciding between getting a quad or a sled...found one of each so i figure i could use some imput

quad wise im thinking about trying out a banshee.....i currently ride a suzuki drz400s dual sport dirtbike but want something to ride in the sandpits....drz cant handle the hill climbs and its just too heavy to have real fun offroad. used to own a modded 05 450r and have been riding for 8 years.

what it will be used for: wide open feilds, sandpits with big sand hill/berms/jumps, SNOW riding....every snowstorm we are out on the streets all night(would pick up some 4 snow tires to help with the wheelspin)

this is the quad i was looking at....what do you think? i love the fact that it has a front end...not TOO familiar with banshee motor work so some imput on that would be nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m32 (item # 330198653750 )

any opinions or imput would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hondamaster5505
12-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Links not working..

Anyway, the banshees are great.

For your riding, its perfect. They are king when it comes to hillclimbing, and on snowy streets they're sick:devil:

In pits, they are also good. I just love banshee's so much, except for trails. If you lower the front sproket, they're better, but still not a 400 or 450...

Get a working link so i can see it and tell you if its good or not.

Make sure you ride it and hear it run first. A lot of people neglect maintaince and beat the sh*t outta banshee's.

My cousin made that mistake. He was so excited to get a banshee, that all he did is hear it run w/ out riding it and it ended up being extremely tired. He got ripped off.

ny300exrider
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
type that # into the ebay search bar

Hondamaster5505
12-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Looks pretty nice, and even better if you make brackets to hold up those fenders.

That thing probably handles like a 450 too!

Now, ask him who did the work to the engine. Its obvious that it was taken apart, even the bottom end. A lot of average joes think they can work on banshee's and don't do them right. If he sounds like he knows what hes talking about your probably good.

Make sure you hear it run in person and ask if you can take it for a quick ride. If its all good, go for it!

Even if you end up not liking it after a while, you could probably part it out and get double your money back

RagunCajun
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
if the engine is solid, that is a very good shee. Top of the line front shocks, aftermarket a-arms, pipes. painted frame etc.

I wouldnt pay more than $3500 for it here in my area.