PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rino-line their frame?

bad_shee05
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I am currently in the process of tearing down my banshee and i want to paint the frame and wheels. Its a 98 so it has a silver frame with greay plastic and yellow graphics and has gold wheels. well i was thinking about getting the frame, a-arms, swing arm adn front and rear bumpers all rino-lined and then sand blasting my wheels and just putting a really good clear coat on them. Anyone have any experience with this? I just thought it might be a good idea! Thanks!

Glenyzracer25
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
i have a buddy that did his frame on a yfz. it seems to be holding up well, it has cracked in a few stress points and adds weight to the bike. it is also harder to get the dirt out of the pits due to the rough texture. it looks awesome though.

firefighterjosh
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
IMO its too thick and would be hard to fit certain parts onto the frame

bad_shee05
12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
yeah i thought that it would be too thick too so i actually ordered some automotive paint from a body shop i know and i got a good deal on it. I got half gallon of diamond metalic black for my wheels and i got just strait chasis black for the frame and pumpers. its really good dupont paint and i got a gallon of hard wheel clear coat. they said its the hardest stuff they have and if you mess up spraing it then you are pretty well screwed because its soo hard that you cant buff it out. so i think im going to sand blast it down and prime it and paint it with that and then since i have a yellow graphics kit i want to air brush a script type banshee logo on the up tube of the frame before i clear coat it in. Any oppinions on a black frame and black wheels?I hope it will be pretty tough with the clear coats. and i have a full underbody skid plates to protect from tall weeds and sticks.

bloodmoney23
12-20-2007, 07:30 PM
well black frame and black wheels is pretty much an 04 LE Banshee. That was the colors and it looks decent but its kinda boring. Now black frame w/ alot of chrome looks really nice. ie. chrome rims, pipes, case save, bumper, grab bar etc. It would def be nice if you did black frame, black rims, red/yellow or whatever color you like a-arms and swingarm w/ the chrome accents i think that would look sick.

Also, the rhino lining does work really good. I have a few friends that did it but there are a few thing you have to do. 1. you MUST plug all the holes and threads or you will never get a bolt back into it. 2. All areas in which a rubber grommet goes you need to leave the grommet on and just replace them or the grommets will never fit again. 3. at certain joints ie swingarm/frame pivot you can not use it or it can damage parts when you hit a jump or such.......Does the rhino lining work good, yes. it will only add approx 7-15lbs. to bike but it is a pain in the *** to ensure it is done right. It would be easier just to powder coat.

bad_shee05
12-21-2007, 04:02 AM
I have tons of chrome on my quad so i thought it would look pretty good too. i have toomy t-6's. b-cool head, cascade covers all around, trinity stage 4 intake and 2 into 1 carb, silver nerfs, chrome key holder, and the frame will kinda be a flat color and the wheels should just jump out because it will be a diamond black with silver metalic in it. I have dg bumpers in front and rear but im not sure if i should do those black too or just leave them the aluminum color they are and im not sure about my grab bar yet. a-arms and swingarm i think should probably be black too and then i have silver hubs and axle and bearing carrier. I can try to post some pics next week when i get it sprayed if anyone is interested.

bloodmoney23
12-21-2007, 08:16 AM
it should look really good. good luck with the project. yeah post the pics when its done.

660r2a400ex
12-28-2007, 01:06 PM
stupid in my opinion, buti'm always trying to get weight off a bike not add, i think it will look good, bolt threads arnet a problem if taped off properly, i used to spray line x so its deffinately good quality and looks sharp, just really heavy in my opinion, powder coat it i hear pappys the $H1T, if u decide to go with it deffinately post some pics

vrand
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I think it all depends on what you do with the bike. Woods, alot of water and the once in a while blast through the corn field then rhino would be great.
Now if you do any MX racing then no!!!!! Way to much weight add on, plus after a few good air out's it would be all cracked and water and condinsation would have a place to hide and on the bare metal the rust bugs sure would not have to look for a place to settle in.

If any help
Taylormade