PDA

View Full Version : Time to get something off my chest

Wired
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
everyones entitled to get stuff of their chest so here i go. i've been over in europe for the past 5 weeks and have been checking in on here periodically. now we all know caleb moore is an awesome rider but i have clear some things up which have been bothering me for the past few days. Im not dissing caleb in any way cause i think his flip nac is down right sick! but the fact their calling first variation on a quad and blowing it up is so far from the facts. in 05' i did my first 1 handed flip to dirt, in 06 did my first no handed landing flip and 1 handed no footer to dirt. at the end of 06 scott murray also landed a nac flip off a super kicker to dirt and at the bigginging of this year a buddy of mine over in spain "rafa" has done no footed flips and one handers. granted their not as big as the nac flip you all been seeing but they still count. just kinda gets under my skin when i get emails after emails asking when im going to do stuff like that..... well thats it. hahaha congrats to caleb but i think its a little too blown up.

trxwannbe
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
oh boy here we go, let the flaming begin

Robin Hood
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
No flaming here. Jon will always be the #1 flipper in my book.

Grats to caleb and his nacflip though. It looks pretty stellar.

Pappy
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
when you gonna do that stuff jon:devil: :blah:

jesseweaver
12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
i agree that it might be a little too blown up, but i also think thats a good thing. it will just help progress the sport more. what variations are next?

Wired
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
haha i knew pappy would say something. dont worry boss, come january i'll be working my arse off in the pit now that i have access to one here in australia. sad thing is im down here till june so i wont be able to ride with any of the boys back home but i do have a nice pit to jump into now so let the games begin!! haha

Pappy
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
it's ok john, when i pull a back flip, pause at it's zenith, toke on my marlboro, and flick it to my fans...you all will know who is the man:devil:

why? because dat's how i roll:bandit:

meankfx
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
in 05' i did my first 1 handed flip to dirt, in 06 did my first no handed landing flip and 1 handed no footer to dirt. at the end of 06 scott murray also landed a nac flip off a super kicker to dirt and at the bigginging of this year

How come u guys didnt put any of that stuff in your videos to claim it?

HtFoxChick
12-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Jon rides over seas most of the year on the Crusty Tour. But this year, the guys are planning on going to the land down under, to film some footage! Jon will be on tour most of 2008. Thats why you don't hear much of Jon cuz he's not in the U S much.:(

Btw...Merry Christmas Jon!!!

54warrior
12-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Why is a big deal being made of it? Well, probably because you haven't done a good enough job at capturing the things that you have done John. Certainly, you got plenty of coverage after sticking the first ATV backflip, but since then, I haven't heard your name mentioned anywhere. I didn't even know you were on the Crusty Tour.

The reason a big deal is being made of it is because you have failed to show us what you can do. Post some pics or vids of your stuff. How are we to know that Caleb wasn't the "first" to do this trick?

HtFoxChick
12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Well maybe Jon should have asked for some of their footage, just to show the people in the US that he can do tricks too but, thats really not the type of guy Jon is. Jon wouldn't feel he needed to do that. He is just toooo laid back a person to care! He was just responding to the emails he gets. He wouldn't feel the need to be in the spot light all the time. In this business? To a fault, maybe.

Like i said, the guys are planning to film over seas... should be a good trip!!

Jon..I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I just wanted to tell them how you are. Sorry..:ermm:

Toadz400
12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I almost thought this was a "Coming out of the closet" thread. Whew!

I can understand why you'd be a bit upset and I see no reason why there'd be any flaming. In the industry there's always going to be claims of the "first" when in fact it really isn't, I think that's something that we all have to deal with sometimes. If it really bothers you that much, and you have footage of yourself doing the flip variations, get the footage out there and let people see you were the first.

Now if there were claims being made that someone else did the first ATV flip to dirt then I'd probably be pissed.

HtFoxChick
12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Toadz400
[B]I almost thought this was a "Coming out of the closet" thread. Whew!

Hahaha....now that would cause some problems!!!:devil:

QuadJunkies
12-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I almost thought this was a "Coming out of the closet" thread. Whew!

LMAO!:p

Robin Hood
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
it's ok john, when i pull a back flip, pause at it's zenith, toke on my marlboro, and flick it to my fans...you all will know who is the man:devil:

why? because dat's how i roll:bandit:

Can't wait to see it maynge! :bandit:

jesseweaver
12-20-2007, 01:34 PM
hey jon are you the only quad rider on the crusty tour?

hondaracer305
12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Why is a big deal being made of it? Well, probably because you haven't done a good enough job at capturing the things that you have done John. Certainly, you got plenty of coverage after sticking the first ATV backflip, but since then, I haven't heard your name mentioned anywhere. I didn't even know you were on the Crusty Tour.

The reason a big deal is being made of it is because you have failed to show us what you can do. Post some pics or vids of your stuff. How are we to know that Caleb wasn't the "first" to do this trick?

claiming tricks is a big deal for freestylers, if you were in it more, u would prolly understand..

Quad18star
12-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't think Jon was still doing freestyle....I haven't heard anything about him in a year. :confused:

I got a question . When you're doing the shows with the Crusty Tour .... are you only doing backflips ... or backflip variations ... or other tricks during the show??

Wired
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
i get paid to flip and thats all im contracted for. i throw variations whenever i feel like doing something different but next year i'll be doing alot more during the show. always something new and fun

m.h.s.c.#527
12-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Jon rides over seas most of the year on the Crusty Tour. But this year, the guys are planning on going to the land down under, to film some footage! Jon will be on tour most of 2008. Thats why you don't hear much of Jon cuz he's not in the U S much.:(

Btw...Merry Christmas Jon!!!

thats kool seths never mentioned him im glad sum fourwheeling is involved

DEREK_SINE
12-21-2007, 11:21 PM
I try to stay up to date but I had only heard of a 1 handed flip variation. If your claiming something tell the world, I personally think everything being so secretive in the long run hurts the sport.

Without a doubt Jon your the man and deserve recognition, I just wish you had more exposure.

HtFoxChick
12-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I think being in another country most of the time, and on the road, and being way out numbered bikes vs quad, I think you'd feel what Bilko and Jones are doing, is far more extreme.

What you do Jon, is important too!!!;) Go ahead and show off a lil too. You can do it!

jesseweaver
12-22-2007, 10:48 AM
bilko is crazy. cant wait to see what he comes up with for best trick at x next year.

HtFoxChick
12-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I met Bilko and some of the other riders on tour at Jon's wedding in Australia, and gotta love his accent!!! He scares me!!! So dangerious!! Jon loves watching these guys at the Xgames! He knows what their going to do!! Adam Jones was AMAZING!! Then there's Potter...you can go on and on. Jon loves these guys!!!! Great group of friends to have! :cool:

jesseweaver
12-22-2007, 03:23 PM
are todd potter and adam jones on the crusty tour? how many american riders are on the tour?

EngelstadFQX
01-31-2008, 12:51 AM
older thread, had to bring it back.... fact is, I have wisnessed Jonboy do flip variations back in early 2006... we were unable to capture the footage due to the contract for the clear channel events..... I have faith that Fallout or Crusty will get footage of him soon so there will be "proof". I have love for Jon and Caleb and think they both deserve alot of respect as riders and people in general. Maybe we'll get them together for a shoot and you guys will all see.....you down Jon?

jcv400ex
01-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Wired
i get paid to flip and thats all im contracted for. i throw variations whenever i feel like doing something different but next year i'll be doing alot more during the show. always something new and fun

I get paid to flip and that's all I'm contracted for?? you've been hanging with the big headed bike guys too much...

jesseweaver
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
that would sick with jon and caleb riding together. have a section in the next fallout with steve doing a rock solid, derek doing a double grab heart attack, then bart with a dead body, then caleb doing a nac-flip, then jon doing what ever he has planned. that would be a sweet train.

Aceman
01-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I get paid to flip and that's all I'm contracted for?? you've been hanging with the big headed bike guys too much...

Pull your head out!

If his contract is paying him only to flip, why would he do anything else? Maybe you think he should be doing the other tricks for free, that aren't in the contract? That makes no business sense at all...

01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
idk what the big deal is i can backlfip my quad side saddle. j/k that would be awesome I dont even have the guts to launch myself off a super kicker. yeah things get huge over something so small