PDA

View Full Version : engine falling on its face with little gas

One_Bad_400
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
weird thing happened today.. pulled out the bike to ride a little bit b4 i headed off to work... rode for about 45mintes to and hour and when i went to head back up to the house, when i would hit the gas it would fall on its face to the extreme of shutting off completly... so i tried to figure out what was wrong for about 5 minutes.. so i cranked it up and pushed it going and let go of the clutch in 1st gear just so it would idle back to the house.. then half way up i tried it one more time and was fine and is still fine? why body had this happen? problem? how fixed?

ps..

GPracer2500
12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Water in your fuel tank maybe?

300exOH
12-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Sounds like the same problem I had with our 250ex. It did the same thing a couple of times over the course of a month or so and the last time it stayed that way. I ended up limping it back to the house and after some searching I found out I had a piece of dirt lodged in the pilot jet. I tried spraying carb cleaner through it but ended up using a thin piece of wire to push it out of the jet (after removing the jet from the carb) I cleaned the rest of the carb and reassembled and haven't had a problem since.