PDA

View Full Version : 6mm stroker crank yfz450

Quad411
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I have a 6mm short rod stroker crank, with the 18mm pin 4-sale. It has play at the wrist pin. I was told by one company, that you could have a new bushing pressed in, but another person told me it needed a new rod. I always had troubles with the crank, since it was new, it always had blow by. Falicon always blamed it on the the way millenium nickled there cylinder. I never expected the problem to be wrist pin play. Right before the last time I put the quad together, I had contacted millenium about my problem, they didnt believe it was there fault, but they were stand up guys and re-nickled the cylinder. I stuck it back together, took it to the track, it ran like a rapped ape in practice. The guy that has been smokin everybody all year on big big bore 450R couldnt touch me on 1/2 mile dirttrack, I walked away farther and farther every lap. Went out for my heat, and the bike felt slower and slower every lap. Came back and oil was all over the swing-arm. I was pissed, but I let it cool down and did a leak down test. Results where great, it was holding pressure, now im really puzzled. Went out for the main, pulled the holeshot and was gone for 2 laps, all of a sudden it felt slower again. I brought it in, did a leak down test, and it wasnt holding pressure. Brought it home, did a leak down test again, and it was fine, now im really puzzled, so for the heck of it, I roll it over by hand a few times and performe another leak down test. Now it wont hold pressure again, now what the heel is going on, so I left it in that same position and pulled the head off. I looked down, everything appeared fine, and my dad said I think that piston is cocked a litttle bit, I thought he was nuts, I looked up and down, and then I seen it, so I yanked the jug off, pulled the piston off and stuck the wrist pin back in, and sure enough there was play in the wrist pin. So come monday, I call falicon, I explain to them of my discovery, and even though I have contacted them, pretty much every weekend, because I put numerous pistons in this thing and would call them, because it always would have blow by after my heat race. Well, as you can guess, they gave me the run around, and wouldnt warranty there work. I paid $1500 dollars for this crank last year, not including the cost of the the boring and nickel plating of the cylinder. I have since went to a 3mm hot rods crank and Athena cylinder. I would just like to recoupe some of my losses. I would like to get $400 for the crank, and I will throw in the shaved counterbalancer, and if you bought the crank, I would throw in the cylinder for a extra $100 bucks, I havent tried running it since this fiaso. Quad411@Aol.com

I wont be able to flat track race this year, so I might be interested in working in a trade for some after-market shocks, extended swing-arm atleast +6 or something else interesting.

Quad411
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM
bump