PDA

View Full Version : Broke the crank!!

Jaybird
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
This thing is starting to fall apart He broke the crank today, the subframe and starter sprocket last week, the clutch the week before that and the right front shock has blown all the oil out. I wish Honda made a sport mini.

Are those Lifan 140's worth a crap?

Ride1Rob
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Man! Your kid must be doing some serious riding on the bike for all those things to go wrong. Sorry to hear that and you should contact Xtreme.

azextreme
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Dont get the Lifan 140 not to many upgrade parts out yet. Get the GPX 124 (146kit) several aftermarket goodies!!

Jaybird
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
He's riding it pretty hard, but not abusing it. We have a couple of small table tops, some small doubles and a few whoops here at the house. He only weighs about 60 pounds. I started having him gas it in the air to keep the front end up and I guess the shock from landing with a little power on got the crank. Even though, he is not landing ender full power so I think they should stand up to that. After tearing it down It's not hard to see how it would break with the centrifugal clutch mounted way out on the end of the crank. Really sucks because Santa is bringing him a new rear shock and a new set of gear from head to toe and there is no way to get him going before Cristmas. Bummer.

I wonder if it would do any good to contact Xtreme, I bought the bike used (although barely) and it's an 06.

Is the GPX electric start? He could kick it over but barely. Thats the the reason I haven't already bought the Lifan.

Brian

azextreme
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes they do carry a E- start it runs $500 kick is $400 just remember if you ever go to a inner rotor kit the e-start will be useless!

Jaybird
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I wonder if he can race in the mini class with a manual clutch?

guy310
12-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Not at Nationals, he would have to race the 90 Mod class. I am going throught the same thing as you right now, but we don't plan on going to Nationals so we shouldn't have an issue.

Jaybird
12-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Yea just some local races. I'm not to worried about upgrading the motor just yet, Maybe some cam and compression. I just want it to stay together and the clutch not to slip. Is one brand better than the other(GPX or Lifan). I know the lifan is kick only but it must have a power advantage right out of the box right? Plus it looks like the lifan includes a oil cooler.
Brian

guy310
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
You should already have an oil cooler, right. You would just use the engine plate from your existing engine to make the oil cooler adapt. I would stay with the Jailing, which is the same as a GPX.

Jaybird
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
No oil cooler, it's an 06

Jaybird
12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, called T-Bolt today and ordered a Lifan 140. Wanted the e-start manual clutch GPX but couldn't find one. Gonna have to put some lead in the boy's right boot and learn to kick.LOL