PDA

View Full Version : Finally out...

r-exrider0003
12-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Finally after about a weeks worth of cutting, grinding and hacking we've cut enough to get the motor and the swingarm seperated last night. For those of you that dont know, ive had a terrible problem with the pivot bolt, and i tryed the pb blaster for 2 weeks, and slamming it with a sledge which didnt move it at all. Now that ive got the motor out im looking for some tips on how to get the left over bolt and collar pieces out of the motor. i hit on it with a sledge some last night and it only mashed it up somewhat, so i was thinking about trying to drill it out? any other ideas lemme know... and also how hard is it to install a new swingarm bearing kit? thanks again.

Brauap
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
im sorry I can't help but with anything but when you said you used a sludge and it got mashed in a little.. if you dont want dents or "mashing in" get a rubber mallet.. they dont cost much and you could hit it as much as you want.. unless it is realy thin material that would bent easly any how..
Well, sorry again, and good luck!

Big - D Racing
12-19-2007, 01:44 AM
What a pain in the ***, I would drill it out but that will eat up your drill bits fast I would imagine. The bearing kit is eay to install

Ruby Soho
12-19-2007, 06:41 AM
im at the same point as you, we're drilling mine out

r-exrider0003
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
yeah... i think thats what im going to have to do, drill bits isnt a big deal bc my brother works at a hardware store called Fastenal, and can get bout most tools for free. just going to be a pain in the /-\$$... im hoping to get it back together soon, so i can get some snow riding in but idk still gotta port and polish and get the 450 carb set up...

bighause
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I spent over a week on mine also. Ended up going through 2 9/16" drill bits and then had to get the thin sleve that was left over. Just keep the RPM's down on the drill and the bits will last longer. Low speed on a 2 speed drill worked best for me and lots of pressure. Buy the 2 of the best bit you can find and be patient.

redrocker
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
you can resharpen drill bits

Ruby Soho
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
we drilled alittle bit of mine when we cut the swinger out, the bits were fine, like said before lots of pressure, not alot of rpm's. it cuts faster like that anyway and you get a more acurate hole

slowleak
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
i would try a drill press. strap it down real tight, and take your time. be sure to use lots of lube. you might also want to try an air chisel with a blunt tip. ever thought about heating it up?

nick249420
12-21-2007, 07:40 AM
does this happen ever tim you try to take the motor off :eek2: