PDA

View Full Version : How to install a DG Six-pack Rack???

BornOnFire
11-11-2002, 07:08 AM
I bought a used DG six pack rack on E-Bay and it doesn't seem to fit right. Do you have to remove the taillight tabs to install this? Does anyone have any pics or advice here? I would like to avoid cutting anything. Please Help. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Derek
11-11-2002, 10:48 AM
for it to fit right your going to have to hack the old bar off.

QuadTrix6
11-11-2002, 11:55 AM
you can't avoid cutting :cool:

BornOnFire
11-11-2002, 11:57 AM
This thing is designed to bolt onto the existing ber without cutting the bar. I am wondering if I will have to cut the light tabs though. Does anybody here have one installed that can snap a few photos of it? Thanks.

4punksdad
11-11-2002, 08:51 PM
well...........its not a DG, but it holds the cold ones :)

GoLikeHell
11-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BornOnFire
I bought a used DG six pack rack on E-Bay and it doesn't seem to fit right. Do you have to remove the taillight tabs to install this? Does anyone have any pics or advice here? I would like to avoid cutting anything. Please Help. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

You dont cut anything, but you will need to remove the tail light and rubber mounts. I had to unbolt my muffler to let the bottom part slide up on the tail light brackets. As much as I do not like DG stuff this was one of the more well thought out pieces to keep you from cutting up your bike. BTW they do bend if you stand them up on end.

Mark
PS if you need a pic PM me and after my carpal tunnel surgery ill take a pic for you.

DEAL
11-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Dg six pack rack bolts around your subframe , so no cutting , but you have to watch out because if you like to wheelie and you go back in it the rack likes to bend.

Blysster
11-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Like they said, no cutting necessary. You will however have to take the taillight and rubber mounts off to install it. The silencer will also need to be taken out of the way so the rack will slide in it's place. Once the rack is in place everything can be put back where it belongs.

Although the design is great, the product itself is very weak. Mine has touched the ground twice and it all bent up. It is starting to break off and it make an awfull radling noise all the time.

It's still worth having it to bring "beverages" tho :D

I can get pictures of it tonight if you want them.

BornOnFire
11-12-2002, 08:04 AM
Thanks for all of the help folks. After close examination, I noticed the slots that slide over the taillight tabs. (DUH) I will probably post some pics later as to how it all goes on. Thanks again guys. This site rules.

4punksdad
11-12-2002, 08:35 AM
i am thinking about a prm 6 pack rack or a full on cargo rack. not sure which one yet. Has anyone else tried these?

they don't require cutting either..........and the quadshop sells them :)