PDA

View Full Version : New Teixeira Technology linkage

Ty's400
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I saw there were some questions arising about this in a previous post. I just received mine and thought I would share thoughts and pictures. First off I must say the craftsman ship is amazing! A black anodized coating with Teixeira machined into the side is also a nice feature. Look for a ride/test report to come in the future. Feel free to comment or ask questions. Also check out http://www.teixeiratech.com/Product%20News.htm for more info.

Ty's400
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Side

TRX450RACER174
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
That things crazy looking let us know how it works.

Dave400ex
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I can't wait to ride it with that and the Fox shocks. I'm sure it will be awesome with my swingarm on it. ;)

BlaineKaiser450
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
looks awesome

D Bergstrom
12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Looks good! Can not wait to get mine. It is still at Ed's shop waiting on the shock from Fox. Once he gets the shock , he will be shipping them both to me.

Doug

TRX450RACER174
12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Is that a XC/Desert only link or will there be a application for MX?

GIXXER1KR
12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
If i had to guess id say its for both.The shock length and builder would determine MX or XC!!!

X-tech
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
You are right! It is for both. The shock builder has enough room to build a shock for what ever the application is. Doug, I hope to have that shock soon.

Ty's400
12-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I'll be running Fox shocks with the link. They have all the specs and have been working to get the shock dialed in:D I'm sure any shock company can set a shock up to your needs with the linkage. Like Ed stated, the linkage can be used for multiple racing applications!

Ty's400
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Took some pictures of it mounted. Looks like clearance won't be much of an issue:D Everything bolted up without problem and tolerances were great between the linkage and mounting points, creating a nice fit with no slop.

jb500ex
12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
that is a very impressive linkage

Ty's400
12-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
that is a very impressive linkage

I know, got to hand it to Ed!:D Can't wait to ride it...you should tell him to hurry up with a suzuk one;)

Ty's400
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Ride Review: Rd. 2 GNCC The General
I was finally able to ride the new Teixeira Tech linkage this past weekend for the first time. This is by far the best linkage I've ridden to date and the best part is it bolts to the stock swingarm! The ground clearance gained with this linkage compared to many other styles is definitely an added seller to me. I didn't once notice it hitting rocks or dragging in the ruts like I have with other linkages I've used. At one point in the open field sections I hit a kicker at high speed while trying to clear my goggles and thought for sure I was going over the bars, but the linkage combined with the shock really absorbed a lot of the hit. There was very little bucking and it provided a fairly plush ride. It seemed to squat nicely to allow the tires to really hook up(as much as they could in that Georiga clay muddy slop!) I know with some suspension adjustments on this new setup it will be even more AMAZING.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

roundsy
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
what size of rear shock are you running?

spanky101
03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
wow, thatsall i can really say abou that linkage. A true peice of work! Looks great and i know Ed doesnt let anything leave his shock unless its been torture tested! haha

Johnson
03-25-2008, 05:33 PM
CAN you show a side pic with the stock mounted with the bike on the ground it looks like where the shock bolts to the linkage is hanging down for something to hit it .

Ty's400
03-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Johnson
CAN you show a side pic with the stock mounted with the bike on the ground it looks like where the shock bolts to the linkage is hanging down for something to hit it .

Sorry I don't have any pics of that right now. You are correct, that where the bottom of the shock mounts to back peice of the linkage, it does hang a little lower than the bottom of the front peice of the linkage. That is how most all "wish-bone" style linkage are. I can tell you that it is't very much and as the suspension compresses it goes up. I have only a couple nicks on it after the Georgia GNCC. This linkage has such good ground clearance compared to many other kind that it is less likely to be hit. For how GREAT a setup it is, you won't be disappointed! Hope this helps you some.

Dave400ex
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM

You could come look at it at the NC GNCC!

Johnson
03-26-2008, 07:35 PM
what time do you race and what class I'd like to see it

Ty's400
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
what time do you race and what class I'd like to see it

10AM 20+ ...I sent you a PM

NOR CAL 131
04-07-2008, 06:00 PM
First of all I want to give my opinion of this linkage. On my Honda I started out with Elka link/Elka shock, then went to LSR DC-6 link/Custom Axis shock and now I have the Teixeira Racing link/Fox Podium shock. I like my current Teixeira/Fox setup better than any of the previous setups, by a long shot. So far I have ridden a few MX races and practices and also a couple hours worth of WORCS races on this setup. The rear end of the bike feels incredible, especially through the woops. No bucking at all and the bike just feels really stable and controllable. Also, the craftsmanship of the linkage is amazing.

You are correct, but I dont think it's any more exposed than other comparable linkages. The good news is that a skid plate for the linkage is in the works. If you look at the second picture at the beginning of the post you will see three holes in the bottom of the wishbone piece of the linkage. Those holes are threaded and will be used to mount the skidplate.

KingpinsEx
04-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Does this linkage allow you to run a long travel shock on a stock swingarm?

Dave400ex
04-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Yes

Ty's400
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Like NOR CAL 131 stated the linkage works very well through the whoops. I noticed this at Rd. 3 of the GNCC/Steel Creek. This track got more whooped out and was rougher than the previous round in Georgia. The rear end really soaked up the rough terrain and I didn't experience any bucking or side swapping:D The only thing I'm working to improve with the setup, is getting the rear shock a little more plush to absorb the small bump/"washboard" portions of the track.

D Bergstrom
04-08-2008, 01:54 PM

I have this same linkage on my 2005 450R with a 2008 swingarm. It does not look like it hangs down any lower then stock. In fact, I have a AC racing skid plate and I did not have to notch the bottom of the linkage box to get it to fit. I just had to modify the skid for the increased width of the linkage.

Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Does this linkage allow you to run a long travel shock on a stock swingarm?

As long as you have a 2006 or newer TRX you can use your stock swingarm. If you have a 2005 or older, you have to get a 2006 or newer swingarm.

Originally posted by Ty's400
The only thing I'm working to improve with the setup, is getting the rear shock a little more plush to absorb the small bump/"washboard" portions of the track.

This is what I am working with on my setup also. It just seems to harsh and bounces around in little stuff. Just need to play with the shock a little more. Other then that, I have to say the setup works really well. I have hit some stuff really hard and the rear of my quad has not done anything unexpected. Just a little more work with the rear shock and it will be perfect.

Doug

KingpinsEx
04-08-2008, 08:17 PM
So this linkage is only designed for the '06 an up trx's?

Dave400ex
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
06 and up swingarm. It can be used on an 04-05 as long as you use an 06 or up swingarm.

the Z Man
04-08-2008, 09:01 PM
How much??? can I run it with an axis or elka?

D Bergstrom
04-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
How much??? can I run it with an axis or elka?

$495 on the website:

www.teixeiratech.com

Should be able to run it with any shock, Ed will just have to send them the specs for the type of riding you do.

Doug