PDA

View Full Version : high performance engine parts

416 racer
12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
for my o6 yfz450 i have a full hmf exhuast cam mod jetted and filter well im wanting to know if a 13to 1 compression piston is to much for the stock yfz450 rod and crank im wanting to get that done and hotcams port and polish my heads get a sparks big core exhuast sparks air filter kit and jets and tps plug do u guys think my yfz will still be relaible and im getting the oil mod done and a couple of guys said u can put the yz450f rod and crankshaft in the yfz and is to rip like the dirt bike is this possibl and safe thanks

Ride1Rob
12-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Anytime you hopup a motor with such mods as highcomp piston you're not going to get reliability out of it. Check my mods below... I was going to rebuild my topend every six months to stay on the safe side :( . Piston cracked both times at about the 5months mark. I'm going back to the stock piston. If you're going to go with 13.5to1 get a CP. I hear good things about them. If you get a JE you need to change it at least every 10-20hrs to stay on the safe side. I tried to get 40 on mine and both times it cracked. This time it caused more damage and I'm needing to rebuild the motor again after a complete rebuild in November of 06.