PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Music

chevy
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I know there have been threads prevoiusly about this but they didnt ansewer many of my questions. I am suppose to be getting an ipod for x-mas i was just wondering what u guys would recommend for downloading music. Once i start downloading music is it going to slow down my lab-top? And can i copy cds onto my computer and put them on my ipod? Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

trx400EXtreme
12-17-2007, 05:32 PM
the only place to download music for free that i know of is limewire. and yes, you can transfer CD's to your ipod.:)

my88r
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
i use limewire.

chevy
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
thanks guys i'll take a look into limewire. but i was just wondering how reliable is limewire. severals years back i use to download music and i always had problems with the sites getting shut down. and is limewire just as good as itunes. or isnt itunes worth it?

12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
i use limewire too. I have like 1300+ songs on my itunes, all from limewire or torrents. Think about it, if I payed 99cents for every song, that would be $1300+. No wayyyyyy

Kickstarts-suck
12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
i use limewire too. I have like 1300+ songs on my itunes, all from limewire or torrents. Think about it, if I payed 99cents for every song, that would be $1300+. No wayyyyyy

x2

I have 700 songs on Limewire and would never pay $99 a song.

JOEX
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
How many of you are willing to work and not get paid for it?

my88r
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
How many of you are willing to work and not get paid for it? :confused:

JOEX
12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by my88r
:confused:
When you get your quad shop started don't you expect to get compensation for your services?

Flyin-Low
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Haha, I actually own one CD.. but I have like 1000 songs on my iPod.
:devil:

I use Limewire, Kazaa and uTorrent. Sites like Mininova.com are great if you have a torrent loader (uTorrent is great) and want to download full albums, music videos or movies.

Fill up that iPod with all your favorite tunes for free :D

And btw, about slowing your Lap-Top down.. you can delete the songs from your computer after putting them on the iPod.. so it won't even effect it.

-Martin

Flyin-Low
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
When you get your quad shop started don't you expect to get compensation for your services?

Are you actually against downloading music? I think these artists get paid enough as is, if me downloading their songs means that they won't be able to buy their third summer mansion on the beach then so be it. I'd rather spend money on my quad than on their new mansion.

To each their own though..

-Martin

Ron89
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Are you actually against downloading music? I think these artists get paid enough as is, if me downloading their songs means that they won't be able to buy their third summer mansion on the beach then so be it. I'd rather spend money on my quad than on their new mansion.

-Martin
Still makes you a thief...no matter what you think.

JOEX
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM

-Martin
I'm against stealing the property or work of others.

The rest of your post is extremely ignorant and not worthy of a response.:ermm:

Flyin-Low
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
Still makes you a thief...no matter what you think.

I'm against stealing the property or work of others.

The rest of your post is extremely ignorant and not worthy of a response. :ermm:

As I previously stated, to each their own. I'll let Chevy choose if he's going to buy or download and if he chooses the latter then at least he has some options.

Sorry if I offended you.. It's just how I feel.

-Martin

12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
As I previously stated, to each their own. I'll let Chevy choose if he's going to buy or download and if he chooses the latter then at least he has some options.

Sorry if I offended you.. It's just how I feel.

-Martin

Same.

I wouldnt be able to afford to listen to music.

Aceman
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I wonder what you two would be saying if it was your music being downloaded for free by millions of people?

Sjorge450R
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I dont pay 99ยข for my songs, but i do purchase the PRO versions of the torrents. Like I used to be a loyal bearshare user (soooo much better than limewire) but two nights ago i bought a subscription to Limewire Pro. Gotta say, its nice, but no bearshare. But its alot cheaper. about 40 a year, compared to bearshares 80-100.

I look at it this way. How would i feel if someone just stole my quad? I would be pissed. So i just pay the money for a year membership and i am good and 100% legal and I get MUCH faster downloads. takes an average of 20 secs for a songs and that is on wireless internet with only 2 bars......

Ruby Soho
12-18-2007, 05:46 AM
How many of you are willing to work and not get paid for it?

I used to download tons, but now i barely have any downloaded music since my computer crapped out on me.

Now, anything i have downloaded i have already boughten, or will buy to support. I just can't find the cd so its easier to download:p

12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I wonder what you two would be saying if it was your music being downloaded for free by millions of people?

I wouldn't care. I grew up with downloading music, and I download music.
So I wouldn't be a hypocrite.

Anddddddd. Pretty much everyone on this site wouldn't want to support the type of music I listen too.(rap) So, I'm gonna download away. I'll use that 20 bucks for gas.

Aceman
12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't care. I grew up with downloading music, and I download music.
So I wouldn't be a hypocrite.
No, now you're just a thief.

Anddddddd. Pretty much everyone on this site wouldn't want to support the type of music I listen too.(rap) So, I'm gonna download away. I'll use that 20 bucks for gas.
Are you trying to justify your stealing? Even though you KNOW it's wrong?:ermm:

12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
No, now you're just a thief.

Are you trying to justify your stealing? Even though you KNOW it's wrong?:ermm:

Well, I won't be a theif anymore if you give me say, $2000 just to listen to music.

I'm 17 years old, I can barly afford gas, I would need a 2nd job to listen to music.

Sjorge450R
12-18-2007, 05:38 PM
ha this thread is hilarious. Stealing is stealing. No matter what it is. From gum to cars. Its still stealing. You are still taking something from someone else.

I am also 17 and can barly afford gas, but does that mean i go around siphoning gas out of peoples car at night? No. I pay for my stuff and i dont steal it, but hey, thats just me. Some people dont feel bad or wrong when they are stealing...

Aceman
12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Is that really the best response you could come up with?

I could really only justify stealing if it was something I NEEDED for my family and there was no other way. Even then I'd know it was still wrong.:ermm: But stealing just for the luxury of being able to listen to your types of music, even though radio is free, nahhh.

I'm done with this thread.

JOEX
12-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Well, I won't be a theif anymore if you give me say, $2000 just to listen to music.

I'm 17 years old, I can barly afford gas, I would need a 2nd job to listen to music.
$1.00 per song or $9,250 per song...?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/04/national/main3330186.shtml

12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
lol whateverrr. There's no point in arguing. You can say all you want, but until tupac's dead body files a lawsuit against me, I'm not gonna drop a couple grand on music.

JOEX
12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
lol whateverrr. There's point in arguing. You can say all you want, but until tupac's dead body files a lawsuit against me, I'm not gonna drop a couple grand on music.
Dead or alive... it's the lables not the artist's you need to worry about...

trxwannbe
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
its a pretty clear cut line. its illegel to share the files (this is how you infringe on the copyrights) but to download a file that is being shared is not illegal so you have to make sure once its downloaded you are not "sharing" it so noone else can use you as a source to download it. pirated dvds are a different story they are considered stolen property and you can be charged with grand larceny and the likes

i30nes
12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
ha this thread is hilarious.

100% agree... Just cracks me up on how this all goes... And I wont even begin to comment on trxwannabe's post...

Mean250r
12-19-2007, 01:10 PM
If i was a music artist, and kids were downloading my music? Great for them! im gunna go make about 2 million lip singing at a concert anyway!

This thread is rediculous. If you people really do pay for this ****? Sucks for you! Id rather put money into my car.

ingleful
12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
i remember alonggggggggggggg time ago on here..someone had a link to download limewire pro for free..then i got back on the next day and the thread was deleted..

Flyin-Low
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
ha this thread is hilarious. Stealing is stealing. No matter what it is. From gum to cars. Its still stealing. You are still taking something from someone else.

I am also 17 and can barly afford gas, but does that mean i go around siphoning gas out of peoples car at night? No. I pay for my stuff and i dont steal it, but hey, thats just me. Some people dont feel bad or wrong when they are stealing...

Since I'm now a dangerous and hardened criminal from downloading music, why don't I just spend my time stealing your quad and breaking into your house instead of listening to some harmless tunes?

Same thing right?

Next your going to say you've never broken a law, right?

-Martin

trxwannbe
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by i30nes
100% agree... Just cracks me up on how this all goes... And I wont even begin to comment on trxwannabe's post...

go ahead big man comment, how do you think limewire still has their site available, do you honestly think they've never been sued before. what i said is entirely true at the moment, and until the courts rule otherwise you can keep your useless wise crackin mouth shut

dirtbike&quad
12-19-2007, 03:12 PM
i agree with a lot of people in here. i have no fear in downloading music off limewire. This is just as illegal as rolling through a stop sign on the street IMO. its just something i never think about and just do. How likely is it that the FBI comes to my house and says, "hey kid, we're puttin you behind bars, downloading music is illegal"? I know i put this in a joking manner but seriously. loosen up. a lot of people do it and you cant stop it, let it be, its not a big deal. the singers make way too much money as it is. Concerts are overpriced but always sold out...they make tons of money that way. they'll be fine

i30nes
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
[Bbut to download a file that is being shared is not illegal... [/B]

Honestly how is that not "illegal"?

chevy
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
sorry to cause a debate... i just wanted to know which music downloading site was the best...