PDA

View Full Version : battery warranty?

450raider
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
well i did a little ridin today and started it up and loaded it on the truck no problem but when i got to my spot i unloaded and put the key in with choke (it was like 34 degrees) but the battery slowed up on starting - it was almost out but still fired up, so after i came back i took the battery out and charged it for about 2 hrs and it started fine again, its as if someone left the key on 2 days straight but that hasnt happened so has this happened to anyone else? if not and i just got a funky battery is it under warranty or what else may be causing it?

thanks

08kfx450r
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
id say best bet if ur that concerned about it...take it to the dealership, find out the problem then see if its covered under ur factory warranty. my battery hasnt given me any trouble yet ( knock on wood) so maybe u got a dud battery.

esquared
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Make sure you turn the key and the switch off otherwise you may have a dead battery . Don't know what causes it but when I leave the switch in the run position the battery drains . Both the key and switch off and no problem .

450raider
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah if it dies out again ill just put it on charge for like 6hrs. and start turning the switch off (i do leave it on all the time) and if again after that i guess its a trip to the dealer but i wont like it (a few days may seem short to them but its like a week to me :D ) so thanks for the info.

spincr4hire
12-18-2007, 06:07 AM
get a YTZ-7S (stock Honda 450ER battery).
I still put mine on a battery tender for a couple of days before I go racing/riding also just so I have a fully charged battery.

troylee500se
12-24-2007, 06:38 AM
i have batery probleme to dealer change it 2 time