PDA

View Full Version : ? about removing tires

brandonpeake
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I know u guys have had this same prob before too esp with oem tires, they dont want to pop the bed sometimes. even after-market tires can be a b!@ch sometimes also too, ive been running hipers for awhile but even popping the bead on a front hiper can be a pain i know there is going to be a stupid easy trick i dont know but i need to know it some help here please

300exOH
12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
From what I have read the easiest way is to put a board on the tire sidewall and drive over it with your vehicle. Just be careful not to damage the rim...or you could take to a tire shop and let them mess with it. lol

400exrider707
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Only two easy ways to do this.

1) Use a truck, and a board, and drive over the tire. I've had some tires pop off easier with air filled in them still, and others pop off easier with no air... depends on tire size/rim size I believe.

2) Bring it somewhere and pay a couple dollars to have it done

It can be done with irons and hammer and screwdrivers and a friend to help. I can do them myself, but its not worth it to me anymore. If I cant get it off with my truck, I just drive it up to the shop.

tank69
12-17-2007, 12:00 PM
You can buy a bead breaker from www.harborfreight.com for about $45. It works like a champ for my hipers, ITPs and stock rims.

d3ktrix
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I've used the board/truck method, HF bead breakers, spoons, sawsall.

By far the most worth while is taking it to a shop. lol
They get it done in like 3min and you don't have grey hair when its over.

Ruby Soho
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
i can get tires off with maybe 3 c-clamps a screwdriver and an hour

TRX450RACER174
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
It's nice having a tire machine it takes me about 2min to pop the beads on my front Hipers.