PDA

View Full Version : Dyno comparison between the 450's/525's

bwamos
12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I compiled a comparison of the Dyno HP numbers between the main 450's and 525's.

These charts are not perfect. I simply pulled data from HMF's Full pipe w/ rejet #'s and graphed them out in ACAD.

All quads should be stock w/ pipe and rejet.

THought this would be about unbiased as possible on the numbers as they are done on the same dyno by someone who produces pipes for all, equally. There may be a margin of error, but it should be an equal margin of error.

One exception is that I beleive the LT-R450 was the only one run without an airbox lid. Which would contribute to its baseline HP being a bit higher than the rest. Not sure how the others would line up w/o an airbox lid also.

I would have wanted to also do one for torque, but they didn't have torque curves for most of them.

400exrider707
12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I highly doubt any of them were done on the same day, or even the same time of year. That would contribute too. Perhaps even different dyno operators. Who knows. How did you graph these out? Did you just go off of peak numbers!?

bwamos
12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
No. used their numbers posted at each 0.5k or 1k increment and plotted them using a Polyline. Most went from 4k up to 10k.

Obviously they aren't super accurate (as stated before), nor would I use them for anything scientific. But, it does give a ballpark comparison on the HP curve. You can eyeball the torque curve from it also.

I have no bias either.. I ride a 300ex.. lol.

I've never seen a set of dyno runs done w/ all the quads, on the same day, same temperature, same operator, same machine. If there it one I'd love to see it. ;)

I just roughly gleaned the info from the info availiable. Knowing that their dyno runs were most likley done on the same machine inside their shop (semi-controlled conditions).

Most dyno's I see are 1 machine vs' 1 other by someone who want's to prove their modified machine has more HP than the stock version of the competition.