PDA

View Full Version : 08 Bruin Pr

FRESHY21
12-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I know its ealry still over 6 months away but i thought i could get the word out early. Once again this fatheres day weekend the Bruin VFD will be hosting an off road poker run for atvs, utvs, and possibly dirtbikes. The landscape has took a bit off a change over the last few months but we're not seeing it affect the great ride we produce. Last June we had over 265 riders and im hoping that it will double this time. The trail will be for the most part the same, we are taking in suggestions of widening the trails some. Also many riders have spoken on how challenging the ride was, and we are inticipating and equally if not more challenging ride this year with the landscape modifications. The exact details are still being processed we're busy taking in opinions from riders and looking for ways to make it better for this year. Some things tha are most likly this year will be, a pig roast with entertainment friday night before w/ primitive camping availible, BBQ chicken roast during and after the ride, a wider trail, more play areas, and the addition of dirtbikes. Of course beign 6 months away im not making any promises yet. But with a little work the new additions ahould go off with out a hitch. Also any one wanting to be involed in the preperation for this ride please contact myself. (its free riding on weekends). Also anyone with suggestions or comments for this year or of last year please do not hesitate to let me know by email freshyfire29@hotmail.com I have attach some feed back i have recived from various riders. thank you for your support and hope to see you there. -Justin Fresh -2008 Bruin VFD PR committee

Muggsy member of the Lawrencevelle Vol. Fire Dept. Chester,WV

"Hello there, just a note to say that I've been riding for 7 yrs. I had a bit of trouble finding your PR, but I was glad that I did. You have one of the
BEST courses that I have ever been on, Ill be there to have another great ride. Thank you for a perfect ride with great people to help when needed."

Matt and kristi

"Just wondering if you guys were going to set up another poker run this summer/fall we had a great time."
doctorofautos
"It was a nice but very bummpy ride my arms are still sore. very well marked trail and very freindly people i helped out one guy and soe one helped me out even tho i already had the wench on a tree but it was still nice of him."

Foreman52
"I think i can say that we all had a great time with a great bunch of people for a good cause .For the first one I think it went very well with no major problems the trail was great something for everyone."

nighthawk259
"Yes it was a very good time. I know a lot of riders as they was leaving thanked Bruin VFD as well as ATV Traction for putting on a good ride and said they would be back."
monkeywrench
"I couldnt make this ride yesterday, but I did have the chance to ride the trail today with Steve Stiller. As you have stated a lil bit of everything. Nice tight trails to keep the speedsters slowed down a bit. Steve, commented, that this could be one of the toughest poker runs around, and I agree. My is off to those who laid out the trails, you did a GREAT job."
Trailmix
"Bruin's VFD Poker Run was a RIDERS PARADISE, a RIDERS POKER RUN. Tight and Technical, Hill Climbs to make even the most seasoned riders, happy! Several Play Area's were intermingled and one very large and winding Track, too! If ya, didn't attend, you missed not only a good one, but a GREAT ONE!
Dude Stewart, (a.k.a. Kevin) and a few of his budds, arrived at Check Point 4 where I, Gary K. and Carrie R. (EMT) manned, when Dude climbed off of his ATV, he screamed PHEEEEW, now that was fun! When Dude says this, this is so cool...because Callenburg/Liking Twp. Poker Run are a Big Hit by many!"
h8machine
"Great Ride ! I was #249 so I got to run the course by myself and a bit faster than I should have ! I had a blast on those trails , the hils were awsome for a poker run . "
zr2s10
"I'm glad that this was well received. My uncle was there, and he said that it was the best run he's ever been on. Freshy, I hope you guys do put together another run."

Saturday, June 14, 2008

LOCATION: Hemlock Road, Bruin, PA off State Route 268 - Follow signs
15 minutes south of Emlenton, PA or 30 minutes North of Butler, PA

Gates Open: 6:00 AM - Ride Starts: 9:00 AM
Last on Trail: 1:00 PM
All riders must be off the trail by 5:00 PM

Fee: $20.00 / $5.00 for each additional rider on approved machines.

Under age 16: Must be accompanied by an adult for the entire ride and possess a valid ATV safety training certificate.
Under age 18: Registration must have a parent or guardian signature.

ATVs and UTVs only (possibly dirt bikes)

For additional information contact:
Justin Fresh 724-753-2534
Pat Reep 724-753-0078