PDA

View Full Version : super hard to start!!

mymastifftucker
12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I just bought a 2006 predator. It has a full Yoshi exhaust and a k+n filter in the stock air box. It is a pain in the butt to get started. Once its warm it fires right back up but when its cold it terrible. What should the jetting be on this bike? I haven't had a predator before so I have no idea where to even start. I like it though!! The suspension is super!!

CHADHIX
12-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I do not think it is in your carb. I think your valves need adjusted.:)

katch26
12-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
I do not think it is in your carb. I think your valves need adjusted.:)

thats it right there.....IMO

troyleepred719
12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by katch26
thats it right there.....IMO

x3, welcome to the joys of ownin a Preddy

GE4x4
12-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
x3, welcome to the joys of ownin a Preddy

It's not just the Pred, all high performance quads need valves adjusted. Plus I also agree it's the valves. Same exact thing happen to my brother z400. Once adjusted, fired right up everytime.

LEOGM5150
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
i would guess the valves also, but i did have a hard starting problem when i first put on an exhaust and a clamp on k&n filter until i got it jetted right. i would try to dial in the jetting and also check your valves it is very easy and needed. here is what i have found AFTER JETTING DIFFERENT PREDATORS MANY TIMES WITH A PIPE AND CLAMP ON FILTER (not the kind in the stock airbox) I HAVE COME UP WITH THIS FOR GREAT JETTING. 175 MAIN JET, CLIP ON THE 4TH NOTCH FROM THE TOP OF THE NEEDLE, 3 TURNS OUT ON THE AIR FUEL SCREW, 45 PILOT JET AND YES DYNO JET NEEDLES AND JETS MAKE MORE POWER