PDA

View Full Version : My 1st ride on a banshee (summary)

660r2a400ex
12-17-2007, 06:44 AM
quad was a lot of fun, extremely fast but loves to spin, got beat off the line every time but would catch and pass almost all other bikes and quads including cr 125's, crf 250's, all 450 quads except one worked up honda, which i was catching him but ran out of room. went through some trails, and yess i will never do that again with a banshee, they are terrible, got stuck twice and kept stalling out, the suspension is not bad for smaller jumps and whoops, overall, extremely fun quad

Hondamaster5505
12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
couple of suggestions to help a little with trail riding.

Lower the front sproket to a 12-tooth. Still crazy fast and still does around 70-72mph. This will keep you from stalling so much and be able to keep the r's up so you don't fowl plugs.

Look around for some yfz450 shocks for the front.

It still wont be no 400ex in the trails but it does help.

Hondamaster5505
12-17-2007, 08:55 AM
And your riding bloodmoneys old bike right?

If so, congradulations. I think that bike looked sick.

bloodmoney23
12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
well i am very glad you like it man. And i am real glad to see that it ran great for you. You were on my old one right or the 06? Anyway, just get yourself a routine maintenance for it and you wont never have a problem with it. Other than the oil thing at trade i never had a problem with it. I miss it ill tell you that much. But have a good one man

660r2a400ex
12-17-2007, 09:49 AM
yeah, i was i on your bike bloodmoney, the thing feels like its boosted when you hit 6th, it just picks up hard, the only quad i was haven trouble catchin was my buddys that i brought down to p.a w/ the 450, but i will catch him with another 100ft !!! ran fine i ran the oil 32:1 w/ the klots beanol i bought, gas milage wasn't bad, i burnt prolly a gallon more then everyone else, and as far as trails, i'm just gonna keep it out of them, i dont like the quad screamin all day none stop i try to give it some colling down time just puttin, i dont mind fouling plugs. also it never over heated but it did spew a little antine freaze out on the right pipe about every 2 hrs. not much just a little over flow my guess is it got hot and boiled a little over, but yess the bike runs great hope the Z is doing the same for you, im still waiting on the 06. throttle lever and clutch is a little stiff for all day driving too :)

bloodmoney23
12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
well once again im glad you love the bike. I believe there is a hydraulic clutch system for the bike and to put some ease on the throttle go to motionpro.com and get the T.O.R.S eliminator kit that will ease the throttle ALOT. Better throttle response as well. I had one on my 02 and it did help alot. Good call with the trails, not to fun on trails if u ask me and Hondamaster got a point with droppin the sprocket but i cant stand feathering the clutch that much on those bikes. Trail riding them is also a pretty fast way to burn out the clutch on those bikes. My bro already replaced the chain, oil and brakes on the Z but we still havent taken it out. Im prolly going to replace the valve train on the bike because they are known for being weak in the Z's and its whining pretty good. I figure just get a ported and polished head with Ti valves, springs and retainers w/ a 3 angle cut. For x-mas i bought him the stage 2 hotcams and shim kit. He bought the Curtis Sparks kit w/ exhaust, airfilter kit and jetkit. And come tax return time we are doing a full Lonestar suspension (a-arms, swingarm, linkage, axle and axle carrier) w/ elka triple rate shocks. Ill send you pics when it is done. Anyway man, keep enjoying the bike im going to go do some snow riding on the wifes 250 for a little. (we got almost a foot of snow last night)

Hondamaster5505
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats gonna be a sick Z!! :eek2:

660r2a400ex
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
yea sounds like too much $$$$$ ! good luck with it, can't wait to see pics, my girl really misses her little pink bike ! she says the banshees ugly and wont drive it, lol,

Hondamaster5505
12-17-2007, 12:07 PM
i like the look of banshees. lol. They kinda look like a pissed off spongebob

660r2a400ex
12-17-2007, 12:34 PM
the banshee deffinately is different in all of its ways, i like the looks too, my girl likes the Z

Hondamaster5505
12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
to those of you who said banshees are ONLY for drag racing, this guys pretty damn good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOUP-q5beEY

RagunCajun
12-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Lower the front sproket to a 12-tooth. Still crazy fast and still does around 70-72mph. This will keep you from stalling so much and be able to keep the r's up so you don't fowl plugs.

Look around for some yfz450 shocks for the front.

70-72mph with a 12t front.....bull sh**!

If the bike is jetted correctly, it shouldnt foul plugs.

Stay away from yfz450 anything for a banshee. Save for something made for it. I am getting ride of my yfz450 front because it sucks so bad.

As for the clutch, i have 6 HD springs in it and i can ride most of the day w/o any problems. Take that TORS off reguardless if it is giving your problems. Only cost $50 and it will save you a lot of headaches in the future. Do that and lube the clutch cable with the sort of aerosol grease and the clutch will be smooth. You can two finger it with ease after that.

Hondamaster5505
12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
well, i guess i exagerated a little bit.

But when we were racing down out street, even with the 12-tooth he still had a way higher top speed than my 400ex, which im sure does about 62-64.

SO he had to at LEAST be doing 65

Where can you go that fast anyway with the stock sproket? It doesnt need a 80mph top speed, lol.:rolleyes:

Yo, check this out!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7343088922598044396&q=yamaha+banshee+snow&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

bloodmoney23
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
to those of you who said banshees are ONLY for drag racing, this guys pretty damn good..

umm not causing argument but nobody said it was just for drag racing here, he said thats what hes gonna do with it and that sure wasnt trail riding, but dune riding. In other words what the bikes good for. Keeping wide open all the time.

660r2a400ex
12-19-2007, 06:32 AM
sometimes i need the 80 mph top speed and banshees arent only good for drag racing but thats where they shine, if i was a motocrosser i would have bought a 450, if i liked trail i would have kept the z, i got into the banshees cause im constantly going fast in a straight line :)

chevyman89
12-20-2007, 05:10 AM
They sure do ripe throw some pipes on the and hello power here we come.

4R3AL
12-20-2007, 07:24 PM

bra thats jtown local. They could ride a turd and make it look ****ing TASTY!!!

bloodmoney23
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 4R3AL
bra thats jtown local. They could ride a turd and make it look ****ing TASTY!!!

LOL that has to be the funniest thing i heard all day.....IT WAS A BORING DAY OK!!!!!! But that was still funny.

Hondamaster5505
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
hahahahaha, that was funny.

Yeah, hes an awesome rider.

Its a shame he wrecked it at the end..

Im sure he put it back together by now!