PDA

View Full Version : need help with buildup

brandonpeake
12-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I m running an 06 450er with a kicker and im running it in the gncc's, also im in the process of piecing together a bike from parts for practice an 04 motor and frame and some other 04/05 parts to get the bike going, but here is the thing it seems some gncc tracks haver some mx sections on them i have always raced hare scrambles which have not had an mx section im worried about my setup working good with the mx thrown in , i mean i dont ant to roll the jumps and loose the time so anyway what can i do to setup my xc bike so i could do a little mx with it? I am building a small practice track on my land so i can do some testing before i get to the race but i know others have had the same problem so i was looking for pointers, my race bike has elkas front triple rate rebuild by laz with houser arm std travel and the rear end is elka also with the laz rebuild and link but with the oem swinger,

which by the way is the best setup i have ever had in the woods,

all opinions appreciartesd

j_cyrus3
12-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Don't worry about the mx on the GNCC tracks, the jumps aren't too big, you need to focus on your woods setup

hendershot106
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
ummm arent u only on the mx track for like maybe two minutes out of 30 per lap????? --- concentrate more on your woods setup and as far as mx track setup- practice riding on a mx track to get use to jumps so u dont ROLL them..... that will make a difference-- build a mini woods track with a couple sections of mx style in it to get use to it..... just get used to riding back and forth and then adjust your compression to where it doesnt bottom out too bad on mx and isnt really stiff for the woods................