PDA

View Full Version : Kansas riding areas?

dads400ex
11-02-2001, 02:00 PM
Anybody know of any riding areas in Kansas? I have heard of Kanopilis Res. and Milford lake, anybody been there and what do you think of them. I am getting tired of going to Hutchinson, Ks. and riding by the river and would like to find some other places with hills and trails. Because we have the dunes taken care of for sand running at Little Sahara and I would like some places a little closer for one day rides.

Thanks,
dads400ex

We are not as lucky as some of the guy's out west and east that have to pick which or were they want to go;)

86GN
11-10-2001, 07:30 PM
It is difficult to find good public areas in Kansas. We rode at John Redmond Res. near Burlington most of the summer. The trails are o-k but not great, no degree of dificulty. I understand there is an area near Carbondale but these places are farther away for you(we live in eastern KS).
We are back to riding at my brother-in-laws farm now.

dads400ex
11-11-2001, 06:14 PM
86GN, we just got back from riding at Milford lake or Res. I'm not sure right now but it was a pretty good area to ride with all degree's of difficulty in riding from trails to open runs and hill climb's. We will diffenatly be going back.

dads400ex

12-11-2001, 08:43 PM
I live in Salina and I am looking for some Quad riders serious about getting together and going riding. I like to just go out and have fun, ride the trails, ride wheelies, spin donuts, and just have a good time. I'd be up to going to Wichita, Topeka, Hays, or about that far if some good riding fun is in the forcast. I have Saturdays and Sundays off and every third Monday. E-mail me and we'll try to go riding some time.........Later......Michael