PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine kill switch?

randallk00
12-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I need some help. I have a 02 wolverine and my buddy rolled it and crushed the cable that connects into the left hand side break lever assy. on the handlebar. I call it a kill switch because I really dont understand its purpose all I know is that if its not connected the motor will bog down when you give it gas. Since it seems completely unnecessary I was hoping somebody made a block off or something of that nature. Anyway I know thats probably clear as mud but if anyone knows where I can get a cable or block off kit let me know. Also if anyone knows of a website that has an OEM parts list with diagram let me know so I can find the actual name of this part at least. Thanks in advance for any help

randallk00
12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok sorry, I found an online parts catalog and they call it a "stop switch assembly". But I still cant find out what purpose it serves or any kind of aftermarket replacement. Any help is appreciated

Hondamaster5505
12-16-2007, 03:03 PM
are you talking about the red switch??

Thats for if theres an emergency or if you cant reach the key, you can shut off the motor.

Especially if you start panicking, its easier to hit the switch than turn the key.

randallk00
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
I appreciate the response but thats not it. I know Im not that clear but it is just a black cable that leads from the motor to the break level assy. It looks like a regular black cable just like a break cable would look. Thanks again

dustin_j
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Is it a parking brake switch? If so, I think you can unplug it at each end and you will be fine.