PDA

View Full Version : changing swingarm bearings

Ex_Rider43
11-10-2002, 07:30 PM
I need to change my swingarm bearings. so what is the fastest way to revove the swingarm on my 400???

Fast-n-Furious
11-10-2002, 08:53 PM
mine was a pain to do the swingarm bolt was froze in there and we had to drill it out. The changing the bearings is the easy part. If you can get that bolt out of there then you got it made. Then just disconnect the shock and the rear brake lines and slide it out.

11-11-2002, 04:30 PM
one of my needle bearing is froze in the swing arm, I do have a lone star plus one inch swing arm. I'm currently getting it pressed out. Is there a good kit for rebuilding the swingarm?

Ex_Rider43
11-12-2002, 04:19 PM
thanks fastn furious, do I have to remove the chain???

4Wheels
11-12-2002, 07:28 PM
get a 8lb sledge hammer and alot of pb blaster,and expectto get pissed:devil

Fast-n-Furious
11-12-2002, 08:36 PM
you will need to remove the chain and unbolt the shock from the frame and disconnect the brake lines that run along the swing arm then you can take the whole rearend out and work on it on the bench. Hope this helps.

papaw
11-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mbiigamber
one of my needle bearing is froze in the swing arm, I do have a lone star plus one inch swing arm. I'm currently getting it pressed out. Is there a good kit for rebuilding the swingarm?
try richards bushings at (413)443-1141 he has some urethene bushings that i have been using on my ex for a couple of years now.a-arms,s/arms,and my linkage all have his greaseless bushings.as for the s/arm it gets rid of everything except the bolt/nut and i think most of the end caps.i had to drill the inner diameter out for the bolt to have a little more movement.let him know and he will punch it out for you.
sorry for the long post,troy....

11-12-2002, 10:32 PM
I'll remember this for next time. I had a buddy get me a kit from the local dealer today.... I want to ride this weekend. I would much rather have the urethene bushing then the stock set up. Thanks for the good info though.

papaw
11-13-2002, 07:55 PM
anytime,he's got quite a bit of stuff for sale check him out at www.richardsbushings.com if he don't have it he can make it just give him the dimensions..later