PDA

View Full Version : 440ex Exhausts (Full Systems)

urtoast666
12-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Im sure this isn't the first exhaust thread you have seen... I have done extensive research. (so its not like im coming here un-educated about the choices.)

I am looking for an exhaust system for a 440ex that I can rely on for nice hp and torq gains throughout. I have come to 6 options.

White Brothers XCR Full System
HMF Ironman Full System
Yoshimura Rs-3 Full System
LRD Pro 4 Series Full System
DMC Afterburner Competition System
Curtis Sparks X-6 Full System

Now i havent heard much about the White Bro. XCR system, and i would be happy if someone gave me some information (hp,torq,weight,etc.)

I have looked at other threads but some (not all) were listed. So i thought i would compile these into one thread.

Any/All info and opinions are appreciated:)

Hondamaster5505
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
i voted for sparks because the x-6 is one of the best pipes made, but i have a suggestion.

Why just the regular x-6?

I mainly voted that because instead of the reg. x-6, the x-6 big core is better suited for the 440.

Its an actual big-bore pipe. Almost 100% positive that'll give you the most horsepower:cool:

shelbyyoder#5
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
got a yoshi on our 440 it pulls pretty good.

XXXRACER165
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I have a White Brothers full E-series and it's great! Holds up to serious abuse, sounds good, quiet, and a 6+hp gain on a sturdy built 440 engine.

416exfreak
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I've had the HMF system. It gave good gains, but not like....extrememly noticable.

Ive also had the Sparks system. It gave HUGE power and torue gains, but it was EXTREMELY loud. If your going to be on an MX track only, then I reccomend the Sparks X-6 big core.

A buddy of mine had the DMC, the bracket kept cracking and it had a horrible tone. Im not sure about the power, I never rode his quad. He currently has the LRD. He seems to be happy with it. Its not super loud, but it looks nice and its still holding up really well, and it has a decent tone.

I myself have a Yoshimura. I love it! It has a great, deep tone and gave pretty great power gains. Its not super loud, but not so loud that your neighbors will want to kill you. It also came with the Tech kit (quiet core) which really quietens it down, but you have to lean the main jet out or it will bog (if you ever put the QC in). I voted for the Yoshi, it's full stainless steel and was easy to put on.

Alot of aftermarket exhausts can be a real PITA to put on. This one wasnt. Plus Yoshimura has been there with great customer support.

honda8&3
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I've had the HMF system. It gave good gains, but not like....extrememly noticable.

Ive also had the Sparks system. It gave HUGE power and torue gains, but it was EXTREMELY loud. If your going to be on an MX track only, then I reccomend the Sparks X-6 big core.

A buddy of mine had the DMC, the bracket kept cracking and it had a horrible tone. Im not sure about the power, I never rode his quad. He currently has the LRD. He seems to be happy with it. Its not super loud, but it looks nice and its still holding up really well, and it has a decent tone.

I myself have a Yoshimura. I love it! It has a great, deep tone and gave pretty great power gains. Its not super loud, but not so loud that your neighbors will want to kill you. It also came with the Tech kit (quiet core) which really quietens it down, but you have to lean the main jet out or it will bog (if you ever put the QC in). I voted for the Yoshi, it's full stainless steel and was easy to put on.

Alot of aftermarket exhausts can be a real PITA to put on. This one wasnt. Plus Yoshimura has been there with great customer support.

I totally agree. I'm prolly going to get the full yoshi for my quad. Not too loud but great sound and good gains,

Grant Casey
12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
get the full lrd exhaust man it gose good