PDA

View Full Version : For all you travelers.....

national425ex
12-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I know atleast 1/4 of the racers on here travel a good ways to race. In 2008 I will be traveling with the GNCC series. I live in southeastern ohio so most of the races are within a 5 hour drive. My question is, How does everyone pay for there gas? Do you use cash or some sort of credit card? I have heard that some cards offer cash back for gas purchases. Im just looking for something that will help cut down the cost of gas, Every little bit helps. Thanks

CannondaleRider
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
I've pretty much always used cash. No real preference or reason, just works out that way.

I can say though, it is nice to always have a credit card..just in case. Just in case you run out of cash...like I have ONCE before, lol.

Main reasoning though, certain fuel situations on trips. Now, I don't know about back east, with the towns being a bit more packed in. BUT, I've been in situations where I've came into a particular town, with nothing for 80-100 miles both ways, and needing fuel....1:00 in the morning, and nothing is open, so you HAVE to have a credit card to even get fuel. No credit card on you......5 hour wait for anything to open. Rare, somewhat preventable situation...but crap does happen, and when it does, it can SUCK if not prepared.

JJs450r
12-16-2007, 06:24 AM
i will probably do some atva's im savin money now for gas and stuff but probably will be getting a gas card

Pappy
12-16-2007, 08:09 AM
We use both. Many places still offer a discount for cash and as long as it out weighs the cash back from my business card I pay for it.

I think more folks will buddy up this year then even last year to help cover expenses, at $3 + a gallon it will sting a bit when it takes 3 tanks of fuel to get to a race:ermm: I bought a car to go to some, and with the fuel savings it will end up being cheaper to stay in a hotel the to drag the rig out. That works for me if Cody is not racing.