PDA

View Full Version : All You Rowers....

JRP
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
whats your best 500m row and 10,000 meter row? I did a 1:45 today in the 500m for my first time ever using a concept 2 rower, and a 50min flat for the 10,000m. Its a hell of a work out! Any of you motocrossers out there, i would deffinately look into getting or using a concept 2 rower and taking a spinning class.

ZeroLogic
12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I can bearly row my neighbor's fishing boat with him and I in it to our fishin' spot 100 yards away from the launch!:blah:

Is that the right way to spell neighbor?:confused: :blah:

ShiftFMX
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I believe the correct spelling is, "Nayber."

:p

JRP
12-16-2007, 07:15 AM
for those who dont know what I am talking about, heres a vid of a guy trying to break the 500m record. Hes crazy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GrC1wak2LN4

JRP
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
guess no one rows for exercise? lol

quad2xtreme
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Jordan,

I have a magazine article coming out next month. I plan to break this record...except I do a front flip on the machine at the same time. :D

JRP
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Jordan,

I have a magazine article coming out next month. I plan to break this record...except I do a front flip on the machine at the same time. :D

haha sounds like a plan to me! lol
Im trying to get into the 1,000,000 meter club. I rowed a total of 17,000 meters so far in 2 days, and ima row another 15,000 tomorrow. Its a crazy workout! lol. Legs, ***, arms, back, core, and shoulders kill!

honda8&3
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by JRP
guess no one rows for exercise? lol

Yup you got that right LOL. That guy in the video must HAUL @$$:eek2:

eastside 400
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
i always liked rowing, but my gym at school doesnt have one so ive just been running and biking alot, rowing is better cuz u get a forearm workout along with cardio. another excerise i found really helpful are wristwreckers, my one friend who lifts showed them to me, take a 20 lbs dumb bell or so and neel down at a lifting bench with ur elbow flat on the seat so ur forearm is off the bench and roll the bell down ur fingers and bring it back up with your wrist, its hard to explain but it helped my arm pump but i doubt u can figure out what to do by my description haha

JRP
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
i always liked rowing, but my gym at school doesnt have one so ive just been running and biking alot, rowing is better cuz u get a forearm workout along with cardio. another excerise i found really helpful are wristwreckers, my one friend who lifts showed them to me, take a 20 lbs dumb bell or so and neel down at a lifting bench with ur elbow flat on the seat so ur forearm is off the bench and roll the bell down ur fingers and bring it back up with your wrist, its hard to explain but it helped my arm pump but i doubt u can figure out what to do by my description haha

yea. I just joined a gym, and they have maybe..... 20 concept 2 rowers? IDK exactly how many, but its alot, lol. I knwo what your talkin about with that exercise, i dont do forearms cuz it seems to make arm pump worse, but im thankfull enough i dont get arm pump bad. rowing is easy for the first few minutes, but then your whole body starts to burn and it kills. Im trying to get into the 1:30 mark on the 500m row. It will take alot, but it hink i can do it!:)