PDA

View Full Version : Why get rid of the...

Brauap
12-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Why get ride of the snorkel? if there any advantages?

scruff_mcruff
12-15-2007, 07:54 PM
if you ride in really dusty conditions then block it off and run a outerwears lid then it really cuts down on dust on the filter. only other reason would be that its just a pain to work around.

Wheelie
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Only get rid of the snorkel if the airbox lid is removed.

The only real advantage is a cleaner look with the seat off and easier access for maintenance.

12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
would it restrict the ar flow at all? I am going to cut the stock airbox lid and use an outerwears air box cover like a EHS racing lid. Would removing the snorkel with that restrict the flow at all vs no air box lid or outerwears air box cover?

scruff_mcruff
12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
yes remove the snorkel. you figure theres more square inches on the lid than there is at the opening of the snorkel. and thats how my bike is set up and its never gasping for more air.

JOEX
12-15-2007, 11:10 PM
The snorkel brings in cooler air with the air box lid on. Whether or not it make a noticable difference I don't know...

glamiskid395
12-16-2007, 12:32 AM
i got rid of the snorkel and the lid and noticed a little gain but not much.

foxhondarider- if your gonna get the outerwear cover that uses velcro, dont. unless your gonna cut a huge hole in your lid and use them both. i got the outerwear cover and used it once and never again, you either have to cut the hole in the lid or shave off all the clips on the airbox to get it to work right and stay on.

my .02

CarGuy7a
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
would it restrict the ar flow at all? I am going to cut the stock airbox lid and use an outerwears air box cover like a EHS racing lid. Would removing the snorkel with that restrict the flow at all vs no air box lid or outerwears air box cover?

i have the EHS racing lid on mine and i noticed no difference between the snorkel being left on or taken off and plugging the hole.

that decision is up to you. i usually put the snorkel back on mine if i know i'm going riding somewhere where there is alot of water splash and mud and i take the stock lid with me to just in case.