PDA

View Full Version : ltz 400 laeger swingarm questions ??

gutlassracing
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Anyone on here running a laeger swingarm and carrier on there z ?? I just bought one and am having a hell of time trying to find a carrier for it !! Seems it is a special certain carrier and whoever had it ordered didn't have it set up for 250r stuff !! Any insight will me out alot thanks !!! I know the carrier is 7 inchs wide and 4 inch whole for it so it is a huge carrier compared to most and it is a round one also !! thanks

bloodmoney23
12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
TEAM Rear Bearing Carrier

#TM-930672 $249.00

this is at Duncanracing.com but it is for 250r carrier style. I have not heard of the LTZ running any different rear end than the 250R. I am sure Lonestar racing has them as well at LSRACING.com

http://www.duncanracing.com/buyersguide/suzuki-ltz400.phtml

gutlassracing
12-15-2007, 09:50 PM
No the 250 r carrier is totally different size and doesnt come close !! I went to t & t motorsports yesterday trying to match up a carrier and nothing there was even close !! The arm is a laeger arm built for a ltz but doesn't run 250r stuff at all in the rear !! I guess my only option is to try an contact laeger monday first thing and see what they say I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem when replacing a aftermarket carrier in a laeger arm thanks !!

spook
12-22-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm not 100percent sure but its probally a z carrier but a honda style which just means its round. If you really want ananwser quick head over to z central and i know a bunch of those guys have the same swinnger

bloodmoney23
12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
that makes no sense though. Every site i found so far that sells a/m swingers for this bike ie. lsr, duncan and all them all run the 250r swinger and carrier. And i think its b.s. that they would sell a swinger and not tell u what carrier it holds. (unless u bought it from someone else) call up laeger and give them the pn# (should be stamped on it somewhere) and make sure it is the z swinger. let us know when you find out what carrier it runs and it could possibly become a sticky for the section so nobody else runs into this issue cause im stumped.

soberagain150
12-23-2007, 12:32 AM
if the listing says "honda style carrier" that doesnt mean that it takes honda components all the time. "honda style carrier" basically means that its a round bearing carrier, not that it only takes honda components. if you were really interested in buying it, then you would contact the person selling it and ask the questions and see just to double check. or you could call the company. that would clear it up for ya bigtime

gutlassracing
12-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Th correct info I posted on the other thread !! Skat track is the machine shop that produced the carrier for laeger !! Scott called me personally from laeger and has them being machined now 3 week turn around on all the ltz swingers made by laeger !! The carrier for the ltz\'s is huge unlike ay other carrier I have ever seen in any arm !! A 250r carrier will fall right threw the laeger swingarm but to anyone with a ltz laeger arm that is the real info and scott will order them for them any time you need a carrier !!

bloodmoney23
12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
well then I guess the guy that wrote me back from suspension tech stands corrected. I was just posting info that I had recieved thank you for clearing that up Gutlass.