PDA

View Full Version : Why is it doing this (audio clip)

wizzade
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I have had my 400ex for a couple of months now and have never heard it do this. When i am in reverse if i hold the clutch in and rev it up it sound like it knid of bogs down and it will start to backfire. I put a hmf slip-on on about 3 weeks ago. I dont know if maybe i am not jetted correctly, but it only does it in reverse.Here is an audio clip of it.
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=WJ08HIAEYT7O

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GPracer2500
12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I think there is a lower rev limit when reverse is engaged. :confused:

CSR400EX
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
its the reverse rev limiter

wizzade
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the quick replys. I knew it sounded like it was hitting the rev limiter, but i didnt think it was because it didnt take much throtle to make it hit it. Since you said it has a lower rev limiter in reverse it makes since. Thanks again.

Ruby Soho
12-15-2007, 02:15 PM
thats what overdrive on most ute's is for correct?

hornetgod13
12-16-2007, 01:43 AM
You can disable the reverse limiter a couple different ways.

1. Most aftermarket CDI (Rev) Boxes disable it.

2. Follow the steps below and you'll remove the limiter and be able to restart the quad in reverse with out shifting back to nuetral.

Start with taking the hood off. Locate your CDI box, its a black box with 2 connectors plugged into it. One connector has 4 wires and the other connector has 2 wires. On the 4 wire connector you will have a Gray with Black stripe wire. Peel the tape back if needed and snip the Gray with Black stripe wire. Leave enough wire just in case you want to splice it back together at some point. Tape the ends of the wires so they won't touch each other. Now put the quad in reverse and fire it up. Your reverse light will still work and you will be able to START or RESTART it in reverse. Best of all, the quad won't have the annoying reverse rev limiter.