PDA

View Full Version : Starter Issues

dopeyferree
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I have an Eton Viper, the other day the starter was working, today I went out there and tried to start it and the starter is not even making any noise. If I run a wire directly from the battery to the starter it turns over, Any idea what may be the issue. the lights work, horn works, just the starter doesnt. :mad: Trying to get this quad ready for my son for Christmas

tireman43
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Did you check the ground? We had ours come off once.

mxdad423
12-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Does this eton have Reverse? If it does, and it's not detecting that it's in neautrel it will not allow the starter to engage. look on your panel where the neautrel light is and make sure that it is lit up, if it is blinking pull the fuse out on the battery and let it set for about 15min and put it back in and see if the light comes on.....

THARNESS
12-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Do you have to pull in the brake on an e-ton before it will start? If so check that switch in the brake pearch. It malfunctioned on my sons Predator once and I had to bypass the safety switch to get our starter to turn over. Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Tom

dopeyferree
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I am not sure what we did but we got it running, I pulled the starter off, and switched it out with another one and it worked. When I pulled the origional starter off it worked fine, maybe a loose ground, not really sure but the important thing is that its running now :D