PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Foreman 400 wont shift

660LE
12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey guys looking for some help here. I ve got a 2002 foreman. Not the electric shift model. Heres the problem. If I am in 1st i can ride that around the yard get down to neutral and reverse as well. But if i Dare shift up passed first it could be weeks before i am able to get down to 1st/N/Rev again. now i have taken the motor out of the frame to look at the shift mechanism that some other forums hav told me to check. Everything looks fine in there. except the shift guide plate looks a little worn. When i manually shift the gears by turning the shift drum I can get the output shafts to turn in all gears but 1st. And when its around the 1st gear spot i can hear and feel it trying to catch the gear. But it wont. So now i am assuming its a bent shift fork, I just want some other opinions before i rip the motor down.......

freeballin-atv
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
That sounds like it is a bent shift fork. I have a foreman 450s and mine actoually locked up in between 2nd and 3rd. I would fix it before the tranny locks up. If it does it gets real expensive fast. I sent $1100.00 to fix mine.

Hope this helps
Toe@freeballin-atv.com