PDA

View Full Version : scorpion whip 440

woodsracer144
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM
ok so i found this scorpion whip 440 for 50 bucks i called the guy up and he had it. i have a buddy that looked at it last wedsday and on monday hes gonna pick it up for me. (its friday night right now) here the listing.
'77 scorpion whip 440 rebuilt motor with comet duster clutch. needs carb work. good for parts or restore.
it has good compression and all that so i think the carbs get cleaned and its ready to roll... any one know of a good site or place to get parts. the guy told me that the carbs would need to be cleaned and it would run. and it also needed a a little work on the choke cable... i figuered its 50 bucks im not gonna loose any money i could sell it on e-bay and get just as much i paied for or a little more. but i dont know where any places are to get parts or any of that sort. thanks any one with a scorpion that would liek to show them off are more than likely to. my buddy has 2 that are running and he has another on tha he takes parts from so i kinda know what they look like but he has stings... not whips...
thanks to all that help!

quad9
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
i had a 440 i think it was a tk... not sure it was about 5 years ago. i traded a atc70 for it. the atc was a mess. i put a piston in it. at that time that were several shops in WI that had parts in stock for it. if i rember right BOBS CYCLE has sled parts for them. but dont hold me to that.
what ever you do dont try to jump it!!!

woodsracer144
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
how do you jump a pull start or pop start a auto?

400exrider707
12-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
how do you jump a pull start or pop start a auto?

I think he literally meant jump, as in taking it off of a ramp and catching air.

Scorpions are pretty cool old sleds. I see a few in the vintage races around here. Check ebay for parts, and if you can get to some of the bigger vintage sled races, they usually have parts swaps.

woodsracer144
12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah that would make sence... shoot im not even gonna jump the Zr 600 that i rode all last winter... long story short there are some really nice hils that i ride on and there were like 10 foot drifts out off the top of the hills(about 3 good ones but like 5 hills in all) anyway... me and my buddy were out bombin around and we thought we would hit the hills goin really fast... and float on the drifts like people do out west in the mountains and i was doin 85 when i hit the g-out and i flew up the next and i got to the end of the drift on the back side and i was flyin high and hit hte ground and man did that hurt...

im just gonna use it around the house and i might take it on the trails here and there but it sucks becasue you have to pre mix....

woodsracer144
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
ok i picked it up tonight. its in ok cond. theres a few holes in the hull and all that need to be patched up and stuff but i can do it. it needs plug caps and a new belt for sure... i riged up a thing to see if it had spark and i couldnt get anything on it... but i got a buddy that has a few of these and hes gonna stop out and look at it...
i'll post some pic's once i get some time.. any one have any pointers let me know!

woodsracer144
12-19-2007, 06:56 PM
ok so it has a TKX chassi im thinkin w boggies and a whip hood. i can pull on it and i dont get any fuel i put some gas in the plug holes and i gave her a pull and it kinda fired and then backfired really loud then so i pulled out the t-clap that goes to the tank and there was a 4-6 inch piece of hose w/ what i think is a filter of some sort... and i got that back in somewhat and then i checked to make sure the hoses on the fuel pump were hooked up right and they look good to me. so im thinkin that its eather
A) the pump
B) the fuel filter (theres 2 i think...i know theres one out side it...)
C) mixture of both
D) the hose at the motor that runs the pump isnt hooked up right... any one have any thing els that could help me?