PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

waddle
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
i have a 250r, but i need to find out how wide my a-arms are, and what length shocks, i need, can anybody tell me how i can measure and see what width i have??

what shock length for +1 and length for +2 ?

thanks guys,

gregw338
12-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I am pretty sure stock length shocks will fit all a-arms accept long travel. Dont quote me on that.

garrettagr
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah, i think that the only difference between shocks as far as standard travel are that they adjust the valving and spring pressures according to what length they are. if they are wider, they will put more leverage on the shock and thus will need a stiffer shock to get the same ride or feel as if you were to put them on standard length a arms. Now,long tavel is a different story because the mounting point is different than the standard travel arms. so, the point is the length stays the same, just the setup is different. hope this helps

gregw338
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Not totally positive on this but when I installed +3" A-arms on my z453 you could use stock shocks on them. I Think the shock mount on the extended A-arms are in the same spot as the stocks. Where they add the length is on the otherside of where the shock mount is. Unless they are long travel A-arms then you need longer.

waddle
12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
thanks guys, how can i find out the width of my a-arms?