PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stems

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Is there any thing aftermarket out there for the DRR?
Also, how are ya'll getting your Denton stabilizers to mount up? Stock stem is too small for the clamp we got with ours.:confused:

We was going to fab something on the stem while Pappy had out stem to PC, but we wont be able to do that now and were running low on some time.
Any suggestions to fit it ?Thanks! :)

tireman43
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
ATV Four Play makes a stem for the DRR. Looks like you guys know Hetrick pretty well. They are carrying them.

markvette
12-14-2007, 09:41 AM
is it just a little loose on the stem ? if it is a split mount with 2 bolts that clamp it to the stem you could grind a little off where the 2 pieces bolt together. otherwise the 2 mating surfaces but this will only work if it is just a little loose. i done it on a predator once and it worked great.

Mark

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by tireman43
ATV Four Play makes a stem for the DRR. Looks like you guys know Hetrick pretty well. They are carrying them.
The one we got was supposed to fit the DRR and its supposed to be the correct, clamp, but it does not fit.

tireman43
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
If it's the style like Mark mentioned I'd give the grinding a try.

QuadJunkies
12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
It very loose.
Troy had thought about doing that too, but its too loose for that.
he needs a stablilizer badly ,I just am not sure why it wont fit.

jread14
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
get some heavy duty hose like a heater hose and wrap that around the stem. If that is too large then find something a little thinner but that is pretty strong... You may even try and find the rubber that is used for these shock rezzie clamps. It is pretty heavy duty and should work as well. Then you can clamp that dude down real snug and it will not move. I have had to so that before and it worked really well. JR

wvspeedfreak
12-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Hetrick's sells the correct stem clamp for drr's.i couldn't even use our Kasea one because of the diameter difference of the stems.The drr has a tiny stem :p .

CreoRacing
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I hate tiny stems.....

long live Kasea!!!(they have big stems)

wvspeedfreak
12-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CreoRacing
I hate tiny stems.....

long live Kasea!!!(they have big stems)

:D

QuadJunkies
12-15-2007, 12:40 AM
HAHA!:p

We must have been sent the wrong clamp then. Ill ask Rich about it . ;) Thanks!