PDA

View Full Version : 54mm lc bg bore kit

Hitt99
12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Has antbobdy used the bb kit? Do you like it, what kind of a power gain, is it hard to install? Someone told me to use the man. pump instead of the elec. Any other info. would be helpful. was also looking at 48mm crank.

markvette
12-14-2007, 08:25 AM
we put a lc kit on riley holts predator a while back. had mounts for the radiator welded to the bumper so the quad would still be atva legal. the 48 crank with the 54 cylinder are great motors. my son ran one for 2 years but was air cooled, to put a 48 crank in the case has to be machined and the piston has to have some of the skirt cut off. you will also have to use a spacer plate or thick gaskets on the base of the cylinder or the piston will hit the head. the case mod can be done with a dremel tool. i have built many of these monster 110cc stroker motors.

Mark

Hitt99
12-16-2007, 05:36 AM
I has heard that on the case and skirt, but what carb. did you use, reeds and intake? I have a 28mm carb. off of the Blaster that I thought about using(with twist thottle/tors elim.).

tireman43
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Hitt99
I has heard that on the case and skirt, but what carb. did you use, reeds and intake? I have a 28mm carb. off of the Blaster that I thought about using(with twist thottle/tors elim.).

28mm should work fine. I personally wouldn't recommend a twist throttle for a mini quad. They seem to be a lot harder to use as a quad beats you up a little more than bikes. Been there done that. Just my .02 cents.