PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Mega Maxx II Pipe on a 300EX?

Magicfan25
11-02-2001, 12:35 PM
After alot of looking around i think I want the FMF Mega Maxx II pipe/header combo for my 01 300EX. it has the discs so I can keep it quiet near the house and then make it loud when I'm gone. I eventaully plan to get a bigger rear sprocket to add to the top end, and the low end power of the pipe should make up for what I'd lose on the bottom end with the sproket change.. Any opnions on this?

kilrfx
11-02-2001, 12:41 PM
Going with a larger sprocket on the rear is actually going to give you more low end, not more top end. If the FMF is anything like the WB E-series changing your disks around will affect the way your quad runs.

Magicfan25
11-02-2001, 12:51 PM
hmm..I guess I'm confused on the sprocket size for top end..I figured it like a car..while the number of the gear (say 3.55) is actually bigger then 3.73s. The 3.55s are better for top end and the 3.73s for acceleration..figured it worked the same way... but anywho..If I jet it for the pipe when it is makin the most power then it will just run rich when its runnin quiet/less power and thats not a big deal right?

400exJOE
11-03-2001, 08:53 PM
BIGGER FRONT SPROCKET=SPEED
SMALLER FRONT SPROCKET=ACCELERATION

BIGGER REAR SPROCKET=ACCELERATION
SMALLER REAR SPROCKET=SPEED

hotrodhonda400
11-04-2001, 06:45 AM
your may be alittle confused :confused: a bigger FRONT sprocket will give you more top end and smaller will give you quicker acceleration! I had a mega maxII and I used a tooth bigger front sprocket and it worked great on my 300 you will have to grind down the case saver some though!;) look at 400exjoes reply he's right...:cool:

Red Rooster
11-04-2001, 01:13 PM
I love my setup!! Its about the same as what your talking about. The megamaxII coes with a quiet core insert, too. It makes it a lot quieter. And you can take it out when you get away from sound sensitive areas.

MichaelS693
11-04-2001, 02:08 PM
i gotz a question what do u want more, more speed or accceleration or in this case would i want a small front and a big back or a big front and a small back