PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear of I-Cat?

pro-rider46
12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
i saw these awhile in a magazine. and it looked interesting, have any of you guys have any experiance with these, what exactly does it do? is it like a second coil?

andyman450r
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
# The iCat is a small electronic device that is inserted between the coil and spark plug. The iCat is not a simple capacitor that shortens the spark duration, but electronically alters the pulse from the coil, and as a result produces longer, more powerful spark.
# Increases throttle response and torque under load.
# Gives a cleaner more efficient burn and increases miles per gallon while reducing emissions. All in all I noticed most of the things that I-Cat claims. Definitely better throttle response. It made my quad run better. Like the jetting was perfect. Overall it's a good product and I wanted to give closer to 3 1/2 stars. The only negative is the price should be a little bit cheaper around $120-$140." This is quoted from motosport. Thanks for comment earlier on winter build.

pro-rider46
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by andyman450r
# The iCat is a small electronic device that is inserted between the coil and spark plug. The iCat is not a simple capacitor that shortens the spark duration, but electronically alters the pulse from the coil, and as a result produces longer, more powerful spark.
# Increases throttle response and torque under load.
# Gives a cleaner more efficient burn and increases miles per gallon while reducing emissions. All in all I noticed most of the things that I-Cat claims. Definitely better throttle response. It made my quad run better. Like the jetting was perfect. Overall it's a good product and I wanted to give closer to 3 1/2 stars. The only negative is the price should be a little bit cheaper around $120-$140." This is quoted from motosport. Thanks for comment earlier on winter build.

thanks. my friend was going to put this on his yfz. wasnt sure if it was a waste of money, once again good luck with your build

300exguy125
12-15-2007, 05:56 AM
i think that the icat would be a waste of money on a high comp engine but it would work wonders with a two stroke or something with a lower comp than 10 to 1 i wanted one for my 300ex but i stop putting money into so i can buy a 450

Honda5
12-15-2007, 06:14 AM
I have one for sale $50
and yes they work. The thing I noticed if you are jetted a little rich it will burn clean. as for more power I couldn't really tell. as for throttle responce yes!