PDA

View Full Version : chain rubber and skidplate

hondapwr46
12-13-2007, 07:54 PM
my 400ex's skid plate always gets bent up into the chain. We ride on some rough stuff and it always bends up. With the stock, i can always take my foot and bend it down, but, before i notice, it tears up my rubber slider under the chain. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix that or any old tricks. I've already bougth two new ones and i don't want to have to buy another one in a while.

project400ex19
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I have a Ricochet skid plate, purchased through rockymountain, it has a chain slider, it's 1/4in. thick. I've never had it bend and i've pounded it on some rocks in Chadwick Missouri and Northern Minnesota. While my buddy broke the welds on his Pro Armor one. I would highly suggest this over your stock/flimsy one.

limetimeracerII
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I run a stock skid plate. I've had a couple of those sliders come off. I just get an old atv tire or other piece of rubber about 1/2" thick. Cut it into strips about 3 or 4 inches long. Clean the skid plate real good and shoe goo them down where the chain slider goes. I've done this more than once and its held up great.