PDA

View Full Version : 330 stroker-intake wont fit?

garrettagr
12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
alright guys, just picked up my 330 stroker motor from esr. It is an 86 bottom end with a long rod and 3mm stroker crank brand new from esr. With that big spacer plate below the cylinder, it raised it enough so that the intake boot is so high that the carb is on but the throat is pointing right at the rear shock mount almost. There is now not enough space to fit neither the stock air box intake tube nor the esr airbox eliminator kit. it looks like i will have to fab some other boot up or something. have yet to call esr due to it being past closing time so i thought i would ask here because i am sure someone has built a motor like this before and has come across this before. please i need help.

GOTFEAR
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
i had the same problem like this before i used air-box eliminator kit and the tub i had to bend the end and flatten the tub to miss the shock good luck

hang1p
12-14-2007, 01:48 AM
i used a 400ex intake boot that i shorten up then the tube from the esr air box eliminator that i shorten up ,to make the intake I.D. meet the tubes O.D. i warped it in duct tape and i couple layers of electrical tape for the mating surface it sounds bad but it works if you do it right

garrettagr
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
a 400 ex boot fits the pro x jug? i may have to try that. If i could get a boot that is just angled down a little more that would solve my problem. The stock boot is at the angle it is at it shoots the carb right at the rear crossmember. Would a cr style boot help you think?

ESR350r
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
my air box eliminator kit worked fine on my 330 stroker... the pipe that goes from the carb to the filter does rub on the shock mount but i did not have to bend anything. you might have to flex the intake boot alittle bit to make it work but i have not had any problems with mine

garrettagr
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah thats what i think. talked to esr today and they said to try a cr boot because they are much more flexible. the stock boot is really stiff and gives no flexibility at all.

havinnoj
12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
If you're running a reed spacer you could try to take that out for more room.

Try a flexible intake boot such as the ones from UPP http://www.uppracing.com/ or Moose.

Get some hose from ESR (the same hose that comes with their airbox eliminator kit and cut it to the right length.

My carb on my LSR frame (dual rear shock mount) was about 2 inches from the shock mount. Use zip ties or another way to secure the end of the air fiilter.

garrettagr
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah i may have to do that.i will try this cr boot because it is supposed to be alot more flexible. an im not running a reed spacer at the moment. and if the cr does not work then i will have to try the poly one

hang1p
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
i also used a boysen rad valve from a cr250

garrettagr
12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
what would the cr reeds do to help my problem. i am using v force reeds for a 250r right now and i like them. do the cr style reeds differ much if any from 250R reeds?

hang1p
12-15-2007, 01:54 AM
if i remember right the cr 250 set up was shorter so it help me make the turn past the shock mount

brokenbones
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
i had the same problem with mine on my lsr no link and stroker i went to a cr rad valve i thinks it an 02 instead an 04 like a regular trx

then i fabed up a stainless tube and ran a banshee filter for the 38 mm carb that i have taperboard

just my 2 cents