PDA

View Full Version : knock offs

snowfighter
12-13-2007, 07:05 PM
our knock off so far has done well but apparently some folks have made up thier minds that if it dont say xtreme its junk and you should stay away from them. it is amazing that already there are xtreme faithfuls puts me alot in mind of honda riders that think if it is not honda it is junk. thank you azxtreme for clearing up the manufacturing ? by the way if you buy a knock off the motor is not the best but keep in mind you have about 1000 saved to buy a jailing 125 for 300$. and jailing make xtremes motors i asked xtreme and they said that was true. www.tbparts.com has a bunch of parts for the pitbike motors which is what these are and you can save money by avoiding the xtreme name brand.unless you really want to pay for that name brand

bennyrae
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I bought the baja storm for my daughter and i am pretty impresed with it, I like your comparrison to Honda guys in the pit bike relm, I thought the same thing.
I may be able to get another storm if anyone in or around michigan would want one for a G.
\
Anyway, I like the quad so much I am thinking of getting one for me to play on and putting My pit bike GPX(Jialing) motor in it.

gmen
12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Snow fighter you posted and deleted this post.
snowfighter

knock offs

well we have an knock off so far so good with only a few minor problems. seems the knock off motors are not really up to par but for 1/2 the cost there is plenty of room to grow. side by side there is a couple of ups and downs the nerfs on the knock offs are mounted differently but the a arms are in my opinion and in the opinion of other xtreme owners that have seen them are way better. the shocks seem to be the same all the way around. and for 100 bucks you can buy a 10-1/2" pit bike shock for the rear and greatly improve the rear shock now back to the motor say you pay 1k for a so called knock off you can buy a jialing 125 for about 300$ jialing manufactures the xtreme motor argue if you want but i asked xtreme and the said so themselves. so now you have 1300$ plus tax in an extreme take the rest of your money and buy shocks. now do not buy your parts from xtreme they really like their name so they charge more search for pit bike part dealers and save some cash www.tbparts.com is a great starting point. now i seen there was another member that said that the knock offs are junk and to stay away from them. but i am curious to know how many he has seen or where he has seen them has he taken a measuring tape to them? a set of calipers?
justify to me why it is you say this are you angry you spent to much for a so called name brand xtreme has known problems but so does every machine you will buy the were manufacturing/design flaws but yet xtreme never made the manufacture fix them so who really is in charge the manufacture or a so called name brand "extreme" dont get me wrong i am not bashing xtreme product i dont own one"or do i" so i cant i am simply saying dont believe the name brand hype. I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO SHOW ME ANY KIND OF LEGITIMATE PROOF ALL OF THESE QUADS ARE NOT MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY. SHOW ME A PICTURE AN ARTICLE ANYTHING!!!! JUST NO MORE CRAP PERSONAL OPINIONS THAT YOU CANNOT PROVE!!! I HONESTLY HOPE THAT SOME ONE CAN DO THIS SO I NEVER HAVE TO READ ANOTHER XTREME OR CLONE ARTICLE AGAIN!!!!!!

gmen
12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I personally Have seen them side by side,Bamx,Tank 110 and the pep boys model
The engine is different.
The carb is different
The steel in the frame is different
Nothing torqued
The steering stem collar locks (not present)
And the lower frame connector (not present)
Glad you are happy with it.
You get what you paid for
And the numbers you are throwing out there plus shipping is more than i paid for Josh,s Xtreme ty125 ,without replacing a tbolt engine in it.
$1425.00 with a title and written 6 months warranty,you have that ?
I guess we need to see is Ralph will start another forum posting category -
Xtreme Knock-Offs

bennyrae
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
not a hater here, in fact I was going to buy an Extreme in the spring, but I got the Baja for 850.00 out the door.
Now, IMO they are ALL made in China and yes there is a difference between some of the good factoryies and not so good, however they are still ALL made in China. I have read a ton of good feed back on the Extreme Brand, not that their quality is SOO much better, but it is their customer service that defines them. I know that they did the development on this quad, and I feel for them with all the SNIPING from other "manufacturers" stealing their Idea, but it is happening to everyone.
Now as far as different carb? mine came with a Mikuni, no it doesnt have the frame upgrade, or the collars on the stem(still need to know what they are) but from what I have read, and by checking the vin number, the chassis is the exact same as the Extreme.

Oh well, not trying to make a bad name for myself, I really dont care, for the money I, and my girly are very happy with her new quad, she is not going to race anyway, well accept her big bro

gmen
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
They are assembled at the same factory in China. Thats a fact.
I would have done the same thing also,can you imagine the money made by Xtreme to sell the design to be branded by others.
It is big money,with i think 10% different to cover copyright infringement .
Hey if you need to save money because you are tight on fundage,buy a spin-off unit ,and built it as you go.
Greg

snowfighter
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
your right brother and that is exactly what i did bought a so called spinoff .

gmen your right the motor and carb are different but until i had a dumb but attack and didnt check the oil it was fine for my boy with little to no expierience to start on. so i did in fact buy a motor from www.tboltusa.com which is gpx/jailing 125. i spoke to xtreme looking for a gear and the guy there said that there motors are jailing. now our bike did come with the lower frame connector i am unsure of the stem locks but i will look into it and i would really like to see the lab results from the metal test you had done on the frames.now as i stated b4 i did not knock on xtremes bikes, other than a few questions about why they didnt make the factory keep their design. i bet if honda designed a part and the company they hired to make it didnt do it the way they asked they would have dropped the company and found a mfg that would do it their way. anyway i am saying if you want to save some bucks and start slow yea buy a knock off and build slow just remember to check the oil!!! AND GMEN PLEASE DONT LEAD FOLKS TO BELIEVE THEY DONT NEED TO GO THROUGH THE XTREME AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS TIGHT. BECAUSE I KNOW A FELLA THAT BOUGHT AN XTREME AND HE HAS LOST A COUPLE OF BOLTS. NOTHING IS PERFECT AND ONLY GOD IS FLAWLESS . be safe and ride hard,good luck and i am not a hater of any machine just a broke dad on a serious tight budget i would have bought a ddr if i had more money

markvette
12-14-2007, 04:34 PM
actually xtreme is now owned by the chineese maunfacture that makes the quad. lane sold the company to them a while back but still runs it.

Mark

quadinfamily
12-15-2007, 08:16 AM
i had a extreme 90 for a year paid over 2300 for it so
I'am happy that have the knock off to bring the price down.My son [that is six] 90 never run right from the start and broke everything from sub fame to shock mount in the rear, that what i get for buying the first one.
Sold the 90 and bought one from pepboys ,runs ten times better ,and i know I will tear it apart and fix all the weak point in the frame before he rides its.
But you can not go bye what you see on the sale floor they go over the bike before you pick it up. I 'am sure that you will see the super tyhoon there next year .
I know you won't see me buying the first one that for sure.

gmen
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes you are right,that is the reason Josh has a ty125 and not the first -off 90,s
Tranny issues ,2 speed getting stuck in no man land unless you did the upgrade.
Maybe the super ty125 will have addressed the issues from the past.
As i posted a month ago,i will buy one,but it will not be the first off the boat.

hanzito
12-15-2007, 06:14 PM
so do you think that if it didnt take very long for the knock offs of the xtreme to hit the market that once the super typhoon can be had in the knock off. variety. since the major diffenece between real and knock off is the motor all i am really after is the motor.

gmen
12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Thats yet to be seen.(engine)
If you have a xtreme or off brand , and you seeking a hot engine,build one.
We have bought a stock engine, changed the cam ,piston,cdi and coil.Glass beaded the steel plates and used the gn4 honda oil.
I am thinking the carb and pipe will be next.
I would not purchase the super ty125 just for the engine.
I did some research on the shocks and there are not even close to Foxx or Elka.Actually they are very popular on mountain bikes,as OEM.
Spending money on what you have may be better for the working man.
If you have money to throw around buy the super ty125 ,build the engine and replace the shocks.
link to super ty125 shocks
I am not promoting the product , just passing along info
http://www.dnmsuspension.com/news.htm

RAWDAWG635
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Snowfighter, Your boy ran good at Jackson, OH yesterday. Your quad ran 100 o/o better than any (real) Typhoon Ive ever seen, 200 0/0 better than the one he beat yesterday. Yea remember you let me ride it in the parking lot, pulled harder than the one we had with the 146 kit in it. Dont let these Extreme die hards bother you, you have a way better quad than the (real) Typhoon we had, for less money even after the mods you did to it. I dont want to get a war going with the diehards but we had baaaad luck with ours and that other boy on the red Typhoon that raced yesterday is the first (real) Typhoon that i've seen finish a race. Good thing they only raced 1 motto, just kidding. Well just wanted to give props to your boy, when he gets used to them gears a little better he'll beat that DRR.

azextreme
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
You got any pics Snow??

snowfighter
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks rawdawg he does have a lot of learning to do it will come in time. i really hate to toot his horn but i think he is doin really well for being so new to racing,riding even for that matter he got his first quad last year for christmas and has very little time on the race track. he gets lots of good advise form folks with alot of expierience "thanks to all of you for that".one thing i have noticed for sure in mini quads at the track it is like having family around and i think it is truly wonderful for these kids. there was alot of broken bikes this weekend every parent jumped in for every occasion

anyway thanks again

snowfighter
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
as soon as i figure out how ill post some

lem dad
12-16-2007, 07:45 PM
what was the finish and why is it that only nbad luck is with 125s????????

snowfighter
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
finishes 1st- 2nd-4th all the bikes there were havin troubles the drr had carb probs/ broken cables, we got dirt in our pilot that knock off 26mikuni is junk the jets are not mikuni ill will be getting the 26 oko. and at final race im pretty sure we either bent a valve or poked through the top of the piston ill tear it down this week and find out. we were parked in front of the drr and a cracked the throttle a few times pretty good i heard a huff of air and it died no metal clangs though now there is not a stitch of compression

snowfighter
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
lem dad if this boy of mine dont start using his clutch im gona chokem we have tried and tried to expain to him how much more potential his bike would have if he would use the clutch for something more than taking-off, shifting and stoping. he never grabs it to shoot out of the corners. o and before i forget wait till you see the oooooops in the whoops video front bumper versus the whoops guess which won !!!!! tony and the boy on the xteme nose planted in the whoops we pulled the front bumpers off to prevent that from happening again, and man do these bikes look terrible without them