PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Dates to Hatfield-McCoy Trail System Events

trailhouseowner
11-10-2002, 03:55 PM
To all folks interested in the Hatfield-McCoy Trail System events for 2003, here are some dates that I have received unofficially:

ATV Jamboree in the Hills April 10-13

Dirt Days June 25-29

National ATV and Dirtbike
Rally Week Aug 28-Sept 1

Hatfield McCoy TrailFest Oct 10-13

I do not have any details on these events. But for lodging, check out my website and see if I can accomodate you

trailhouseowner
Browning Fork Trailhouse
Lisa Buchanan
http://browningforktrail.tripod.com

Ex'r Marlin
11-10-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info!:)

Hope to see you there one of these times!

trailhouseowner
11-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Now is a great time to ride. There are not many people on the trails. Come on down. It's like having the mountains to yourself.

trailhouseowner
Lisa Buchanan
Browning Fork Trailhouse

upstate rider
11-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by trailhouseowner
Now is a great time to ride. There are not many people on the trails. Come on down. It's like having the mountains to yourself. Went last month had agreat time. Had lunch one day in Girbert at alittle place in town. The lady that the place said she was in one direct desendent of the Hatfields or the McCoys. There was alot of old photo's in the place from that time , was kinda cool. She also wanted to know if anyone of us was single , I think she wanted to fix her daughter up. I must say the people there sure are friendly even if they don't know you. Next trip will have to be in the spring ,want to check out the new trails that opened and try some more local trails.

trailhouseowner
11-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Upstate Rider,
Glad you had a good time in October. I live a couple miles north of Gilbert. The people in Gilbert are very friendly. We enjoy all the riders!! If you plan on coming to this area in the spring, when you make some definite dates check out my website and see if I can accomodate you with your lodging needs. The Trailhouse is about 1/4 mile from the trail. You just jump on your ATV from the Trailhouse, head up the road about 1/4 mile, and you are on the Browning Fork Trail. Check out my website and give me a call. Make your reservations early!!

trailhouseowner
Lisa Buchanan

upstate rider
11-11-2002, 04:46 PM
Trailhouseowner , thanks I'll book mark your site. Not sure at all about the dates , But everyone that went on the trip can't wait to go back. They want to set a date some time in the spring. Some thing to plan on in Jan. and Feb here in the north.

bmw500hp
11-11-2002, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by upstate rider
[B] Went last month had agreat time. Had lunch one day in Girbert at alittle place in town.

Up-Stater....How's the nightlife in gilbert???did you get a chance to go out for a brew down there.... .how many miles do ya figure ya rode that day....

mike

trailhouseowner
11-11-2002, 10:37 PM
If you are interested in nightlife, you need to remember you are in a very rural area. But I know of a few night clubs in the area. Just a couple of miles north of Gilbert is a popular night club. Also, the town of Man has a night club. Logan has four or five. I know this is not a lot to choose from, but most of the groups who have stayed at my establishment usually party half the night at the Trailhouse with their fellow friends/riders. I don't know what Upstate experienced, but this is the point of view from a life long resident.

upstate rider
11-12-2002, 04:39 AM
We rode about 80 miles a day and at night pretty much just stayed at the place we were at , we did one night go down to a place that had just opened a weekend or two before that had atv drags ( sorry can't remember the name ) it's along the river just outside of Logan heading for Man. They even had some slids running :eek: in the drags. This place did have a large turn out , it's seem like everyone there ( locals ) has a atv maybe not a car but a atv (Honda Foreman's) seem to be very popular. Your going to have to take Trailhouseowner's advice where to go at night. You may find that after the 3rd and 4th day of riding hard your alittle beat and just want kick back and hang out and have a few brews ......... Maybe just because thats what happens when you hit that 40+ age group :eek:

trailhouseowner
11-12-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey Upstater,
I can fully understand the + 40 thing. It seems like your body
really wants to slow down after 40.

bmw500hp
11-12-2002, 08:42 AM
HEY TRAILHOUSE AND UPSTATE.....Thanks for your replies.....

I am 41 and now we are on the same page....I work in my own business ( We manufacture Joe's Flies fishing tackle) and lack and lack one thing...Time! That's one reason I love quads. If I can get away in the early afternoon, I can be havin fun in minutes and not thinking of unfinished tasks...I find this very true of most middle aged professionals

What as a single, overworked 41yo find is that i have to combine leasure with some socialization to keep from feeling overworked.

Modifying and working on my ex gives me the same enjoyment.....

I am the type of guy that can find himself free on at 6:00pm on a friday and may have thaught I would have to work both saturday and sunday. I would take off for Hatfields in a second if I new only one thing....COULD I LINK UP WITH A GROUP TO RIDE WITH......Well, a local bar can do that for me. I might even find a sweetie to ride with (bonus).

Following the ride,, nothin ends the day better than a cold one, a steak, enjoyed with some new found freinds.