PDA

View Full Version : LSR Swingarm and Linkage Question.

bloodmoney23
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey for all of yall that have the LSR swingarm and the DC6 linkage. I have an 05, do I need to start using 2006 swinger, linkage and shock bearings instead. Not sure if there is a difference. The reason I ask is because I attached my linkage to my swingarm (i should be gettin frame back from PC within the week so I am gettin everything ready) and I have ALOT of play where my linkage bolts to swinger. I have all new 05 bearings and shafts and bushing and all that and I know on my stock linkage there was zero play in the linkage/swinger connection so just checking if I need 06 bearings.

eastside 400
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
i just looked a fiche and the part numbers for the 05 and 06 linkage bearings and collars are the same, im not sure if your LSR swingarm is the one with the different linkage mounts for the different years but u need a 2006+ style swingarm for the dc-6 linkage, u should be fine with the 05 bearings and collars....

bloodmoney23
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
thanks for the info man. hopefully lonestar will figure out why its so loose then . **** they still need to send me my front wheel hubs ordered over 2 months ago so itll prolly be 2 months before they answer but hey oh well.

Ex_Rider43
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Show us your swingarm , maybe you got the Outlaw swingatm which will NOT work with the dc-6 linkage.

bloodmoney23
12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
no its the standard +1.25 swingarm. Trust me i wanted the outlaw but couldnt afford it.

lwrider20
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
hey this is bobby from lonestar. on our swingarms(unless it was built before 06) there should be 3 holes for the linkage mount 2 of them are for 05 and 1 is for 06. the dc-6 linkage will only work on and 06+ swingarm. also pm me over your info so i can check on your hubs, i know with the holidays things tend to get delay but it should be 2 months. thanks

bloodmoney23
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by lwrider20
hey this is bobby from lonestar. on our swingarms(unless it was built before 06) there should be 3 holes for the linkage mount 2 of them are for 05 and 1 is for 06. the dc-6 linkage will only work on and 06+ swingarm. also pm me over your info so i can check on your hubs, i know with the holidays things tend to get delay but it should be 2 months. thanks

They got back with me and hubs shipped out yesterday and they are checking into why it took so long. Yeah the swinger has the 3 holes and i put the linkage on the bottom front (for aftermarket likage and shock) I will be running the elka triple rates. Should i run it in the '06 slot (top back hole) or the aftermarket shock slot(front bottom) Its not like im dumb it's just if i got this right then it should be either a pivot tube issue or a manufacturers defect. i want to prefer to say it is just cause i am running 05 pivot tubes.

lwrider20
12-14-2007, 02:33 PM
ok good im glad they got those out to you. ya run it in the top hole(06). i dont think it would be the pivot tubes because i thought they stayed the same. let me know if this doesnt work or if you have any other question. you can call me if you want at 1-800-457-7223 ext. 202. thanks.

bloodmoney23
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by lwrider20
ok good im glad they got those out to you. ya run it in the top hole(06). i dont think it would be the pivot tubes because i thought they stayed the same. let me know if this doesnt work or if you have any other question. you can call me if you want at 1-800-457-7223 ext. 202. thanks.

ok thanks bobby. i'll make sure if im still having problems after changing that out i'll give ya a call. appreciate all the help. plus, what are the advantages to the full LSR Chassis? I know its already got the gusset kit but does it have different angles for better stability, lightweight or anything. I am really interested in that frame just the cost of it is pretty high up there and if im going to pay that much i wanna kinda know my every advantage on it.

R3Concepts
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I have the LSR 450R frame and might consider selling it. Im ready to move on to the next project.

bloodmoney23
12-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
I have the LSR 450R frame and might consider selling it. Im ready to move on to the next project.

well if i get one ill get it new to ensure its free of cracks, bends, and everything.

R3Concepts
12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well if i get one ill get it new to ensure its free of cracks, bends, and everything.

The bikes never even been ridden...

bloodmoney23
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
The bikes never even been ridden...

Then how much would u sell the frame for? Or are you only selling the whole bike.