PDA

View Full Version : Semi almost kills me, and almost wrecks my bros car, then i rear end some1 6 hrs l8r

zukirules
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Well this morning i was on the way back from driving my bro to work (he's lost his licsense for 2 years, going on his 2nd this year). Well, theres 2 semis, and a suv behind the semis/dumptrucks. So, the Suv passes them cause they're goin like 10 under, so i pass too. Well the first semi i pass must've not seen me, or just been like F you buddy, and when i get to his cab, he decides to pass the truck in front of him, so i see him start coming into the other lane about 5 inches away from my bros car, i'm like f$ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i go all 4 tires in the ditch next to the left lane (so lucky there wasn't a tree or a calvert, cause i was doing 60 mph) So i get back on the road, and the semi passes the suv, and when he comes back into the right lane, almost nails that guy too!!!!!!!!!! So the suv guy saw what happened, and waves me on to pass him and catch up to the dumptruck cause i was furious. So i pass him and flick him off, get in front and get the number to his work, call, the manager calls back and is very polite, and is gonna see what the hell the driver was thinking.

So then we're coming back from ECC, and this old lady stops to let a person out of the gas station, and so i was far enough back where i was like ok, that persons gonna pull out, and i can slow down a lil, and the old lady will start going again. So i'm slowing down, and the dumbarse in the gas station is still sitting there, not realizing the old lady's letting him/her out, so i'm like crappppppppppppppppppppp, and slam on the brakes, it starts slowing down, and then slides to 4 mph when i hit the old lady. Well we pull into the gas station, and she's really nice, saying everyone does it, and so fourth.

So that was my day, i'm still mad about the semi. The rear end was my fault, but it just adds to my frustration.

Robin Hood
12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
People suck. :ermm:

250x_kyle
12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
well u shouldnt have rearended the old lady because you should never plan on the person pulling out in time for the person taht stoped to let them out. expesialy when its an oldperson in front of you.

zukirules
12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
well u shouldnt have rearended the old lady because you should never plan on the person pulling out in time for the person taht stoped to let them out. expesialy when its an oldperson in front of you.

can't exactly see who's in front of you, and my tires slid, might of been ice, which is also why i hit her, the main reason at least.

79400ex
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
As for the trucker running you off the road, you was driving in his blinded spot. He probably didn't see you. Also, you don't know if the SUV didn't speed up on the trucker and get in his blinded spot. You would know about blind spots if you pulled a trailer. Also, your car has blind spots.

zukirules
12-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
As for the trucker running you off the road, you was driving in his blinded spot. He probably didn't see you. Also, you don't know if the SUV didn't speed up on the trucker and get in his blinded spot. You would know about blind spots if you pulled a trailer. Also, your car has blind spots.

I know about blind spots, the truckers an idiot and didn't check to see if any cars where coming, cause i pulled into the other lane a lil ways before the truck

m_townsgreatest
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I lost an aunt and 3 cousins due the the carelessness of a semi driver! Most of them out there think they are kings of the road, and dont care about the small cars and trucks that they could crush easily! Im not a real big fan of semi drivers, I've seen one pull a U-turn in the middle of a road! Some people are jacka $$'s

BlaineKaiser450
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
People suck. :ermm:

zukirules
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
I lost an aunt and 3 cousins due the the carelessness of a semi driver! Most of them out there think they are kings of the road, and dont care about the small cars and trucks that they could crush easily! Im not a real big fan of semi drivers, I've seen one pull a U-turn in the middle of a road! Some people are jacka $$'s

Sorry to hear dude. I work at mcd's at our truck stop, and you'll be doing 55, and a semi can't wait for you to pass before he pulls out, and they always pull out and you have to slam on the breaks, like you said they think they're kings

Ridiculous
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
hey man that sucks, especially when stuff like this happens.

now, i gotta stand my ground here, i have a class A CDL with a tanker endorsement and i drive a semi tractor trailer combo on a regular basis. its unfortunate how little respect truck drivers get, its not an easy job and it is really hard to see people in your blind spot. with a lot of hours on the road people can get careless. BUT, anyone with a CDL is in fact considered a "professional driver" and should know better, they should be checking their mirrors constantly! and looking all around them. so it can go either way, if you were in his blind spot you should've been in and out as quickly as possible, but also, he should've been looking and noticed that you were coming into his blind spot. so like i said, sorry for your misfortune but please guys don't give all drivers a bad name, but i do admit, some of them should NOT be on the road!

and with that being said, i just want to add, don't underestimate trucks! they are infact the kings of the road, they're bigger and heavier than most anyone else and they will crush you in and instant. it's really not easy to stop 80,000 + pounds on a dime.

ok, sorry for the rant, but its true.

Which 450?
12-14-2007, 04:40 AM
she's nice now, but not later after she sues you for $20,000 for her "back pain" and "mental frustration" LOL

My father was rear ended a few months ago. the woman that rear ended him is sueing him for $200,000 ROFL, people kill me...

m_townsgreatest
12-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I am by no means saying that all truck drivers are bad drivers. I'm also talking about the aspect of drivers mind states, not their size, when if comes to them thinking they are kings. Because without a doubt they are the kings of the road in the aspect of size. But I'm reffering to the mind state at which they drive. They should ALWAYS use extra caution and be more attentive then other drivers. They are giant masses of machine and can easily cause serious injury or death. Yet, they just do what the want without consideration of other things around them.

Which 450?
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I think they put up with alot more then you people realize. They are constantly being cut off. Because they take longer to accelerate people will try all their might to get in front of them. Then because they carry so much weight, it takes then longer to stop, so when these idiots cut them off, they cant stop fast enough and end up hitting them. Its by no fault of their own, but guess who pays the bill? Most insurance companies automatically default at rear end collisions, one car has front end damage, the other rear end damage, thats all they need to see.

Ridiculous
12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
ya i tell ya i never know how little respect they got until i got my CDL and got behind one of these trucks, they do deserve the respect.

and 'm_townsgreatest' i hear what your sayin and it makes sense. some of em do indeed have that mind state and i agree with what you said...

79400ex
12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
you won' t believe how many drives won't give a person pulling a trailer respect. They expect you to stop on a dime and accelerate like car. So just give everyone the room on the rodes they deserve.

CDCHONDAS
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Just because you have your CDL doesn't make you a professional, there are plenty of driving schools out there handing out CDL's, generally your owner operator or ex owner operators seem to be some of the best drivers as far as knowing and maneuvering their rig, I won't name names but alot of the huge trucking companies have some real gems driving for them. Remember if you can't see their mirror they can't see you. and yes i've driven big trucks around, not much in the way of semi's, just 10 wheelers when I run trucks for my friends farm during choppin, and we are definatly moving along due to normally being shorthanded, but you try to be careful.