PDA

View Full Version : mitchell report

trxwannbe
12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
does this bother anyone else?

i can understand taking the time to see how deep this goes and dealing out punsihments accordingly but they could've done so without tainting so much of the recent history of baseball. i for one now have another reason to dislike our government

GPracer2500
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't get what your saying. How can you have an honest investigation AND be worried about "tainting so much of the recent history of baseball" history (whatever that means)? You look for facts and they are what they are. That's what Mitchell did. Dressing it up so it looks pretty gets us nowhere.

Also, what does the government have to do with anything. No government has any connection to Mitchell's report.

cbrooks118
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500

Also, what does the government have to do with anything. No government has any connection to Mitchell's report.

I thought he worked as an investigator for that senator guy? I could be remembering wrong though

416exfreak
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I deffinately missed something...:(

GPracer2500
12-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
I thought he worked as an investigator for that senator guy? I could be remembering wrong though

Mitchell is a former Senator but he has not served in public office for some time. He is currently a member of a law firm and was hired by MLB as an independent investigator.

Crashmore 22
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
does this bother anyone else?

i can understand taking the time to see how deep this goes and dealing out punsihments accordingly but they could've done so without tainting so much of the recent history of baseball. i for one now have another reason to dislike our government

It bothers me too. It is another example of how now days you are "guilty until proven innocent". They have no positive tests on hgh or 'roids on anyone mentioned in the report, if you read it every accusation is hear-say. If they did take steroids it doesn't bother me, because it made the games more exciting. I like the 500 ft. shots and 99 mph pitches. Who wants to watch a 1-0 game?

JOEX
12-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
It bothers me too. It is another example of how now days you are "guilty until proven innocent". They have no positive tests on hgh or 'roids on anyone mentioned in the report, if you read it every accusation is hear-say. If they did take steroids it doesn't bother me, because it made the games more exciting. I like the 500 ft. shots and 99 mph pitches. Who wants to watch a 1-0 game?
I'm not a fan of baseball but i'd think an infield double or triple along wih double and triple plays would be more exciting than someone trotting around the bases:ermm:

Crashmore 22
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I'm not a fan of baseball but i'd think an infield double or triple along wih double and triple plays would be more exciting than someone trotting around the bases:ermm:

Someone grounding out is more exciting than a Mark McGwire, or Barry Bonds homerun? :eek2: Although it is only my opinion, I disagree.:cool:

JOEX
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
Someone grounding out is more exciting than a Mark McGwire, or Barry Bonds homerun? :eek2: Although it is only my opinion, I disagree.:cool:
Where does grounding out fit in with hitting infield doubles & triples and making double and triple plays?

Fred55
12-13-2007, 10:49 PM
ESPN just showed some stats how in the 1970's and 1980's there was only ONE 50HR season, and then in the 1990's there was 12 and so far in this decade there has also been 12. What a joke, if that isn't proof, I don't know what is. Just get rid of the whole league.

Crashmore 22
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Where does grounding out fit in with hitting infield doubles & triples and making double and triple plays?

90% of double plays are ground balls usually hit to the middle infielders, because there is a rule called the infield fly rule.

Fredd55, there is a much easier solution that getting rid of the whole league, when baseball comes on just turn the channel if you don't like it. ;)

trxwannbe
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
slow your roll there crashmore the infield fly rule applies to pop ups in the infield while there are baserunners. because of how easy it would be to throw someone out trying to advance in case the ball was dropped the hitter is automatically out and i believe the runnner also advances.

but yes i believe steroids have made the game more enjoyable its more exciting now and no i'm not saying that all baseball players should now go out and stock up because they are useless without them because steroids do hurt more then they help. if you knew how many shots barry bonds had to take before a game to make it so he could move well enough to play the whole time you would be outraged that steroids weren't looked for more often.

Crashmore 22
12-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
slow your roll there crashmore the infield fly rule applies to pop ups in the infield while there are baserunners. because of how easy it would be to throw someone out trying to advance in case the ball was dropped the hitter is automatically out and i believe the runnner also advances.

but yes i believe steroids have made the game more enjoyable its more exciting now and no i'm not saying that all baseball players should now go out and stock up because they are useless without them because steroids do hurt more then they help. if you knew how many shots barry bonds had to take before a game to make it so he could move well enough to play the whole time you would be outraged that steroids weren't looked for more often.

The runner doesn't advance, the hitter is automatically out.