PDA

View Full Version : Houser racing?

250Renvy
12-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I called Houser racing today and it seems like they have sales reps or a call center?

Are they that big? That seems like an unnecessary expense.

Also, as soon as I got through to someone they wanted my Name, address and email before asking how they could help me!

I'm like WTF for? Are you going to put me on a mailing list or something. It seemed really odd as I've called a number of other manufacturers and usually talk directly to the owner or someone in a shop or someone knowledgeable.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

bwamos
12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
It is possible that you could have gotten an answering service. The shop could have been closed for any random reason, especially if it isn't a large shop.

Heck, they could have been having their company christmas lunch/party. ;)

TRX450RACER174
12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
They ask you that info so if you have bought things from them before they can pull up your info, i called last week to get some zerk set screws asked my name i verified my address and had them in the mail a couple of days later, as far as i know it's a family business and when you call your talking to one of the Houser's, i think they have great cust service, i got a new front end from them they have replied once on here in another thread and emailed me about it to see how i liked it, to me that shows they care about what there selling you and if your happy with it not just taking your money and marking you as another sale.

Erik

250Renvy
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks Erik

I guess it just threw me because before I got through a compumessage says an agent will be with you shortly. Then someone comes on and asks for that info before they ask what I'm calling about.

I order from rockymountain all the time and I know they have sales agents that don't know much more than what's on the computer screen. They couldn't tell you if a part will fit on another machine or anything without verifying with someone else. After I put in the order they ask for my info, not before they know why I'm calling.

Scro
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Obtaining alot of info is standard protocol for a lot of major companies now. When I worked in the appliance business, I would call GE or Subzero, and it would be forever before I could actually ask my question.

NJ450rider
12-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I talk to one of the houser sales reps on mymotospace dot com. There always alot of help with questions and stuff.

Dave400ex
12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Houser does have sales Reps. Usually either Erin Houser, Jen, or Mark answer the phone. Great people, Great service, Great products...