PDA

View Full Version : Does the K&N Jet Kit have what I need? PLEASE read

Magicfan25
11-02-2001, 12:33 PM
I'm supposed to get a new air filter, lid and FMF Mega Maxx II pipe/header for christmas for my 300EX (any opinion on that pipe?). I know I'll need to rejet. I looked at the K&N jet kit on Rocky Mountain ATV (kit with no filter) its like $40 and the picture shows like 3 jets a needle and somethin else..does it have more than this? I wanna make sure I'll have enough different sized jets to get it just right.

Blackguywithouta400
11-02-2001, 12:45 PM
Just find someone else on the list and see what jet there using and then buy one Larger and One Smaller then them make sure they are using the same kind of jets because jet kits and stock jets dont use the same number, i be you will have to raise the needle and go up a few jets, its alot cheaper to buy that way then the kit, my dealer even lets me bring back the jets and swap for free :)

11-02-2001, 01:48 PM
Get the K&N powerkit which is the filter and jet kit,,and yes it comes with more than 3 jets,,more like 8 to 10 jets,,and a new needle that works with the jets,,get the power kit,,if ya wanna go fast or just buy a few stock jets and hope fer the best,,you decide..:confused:

Magicfan25
11-02-2001, 02:53 PM
I dont want the K&N, decided to go with a Twin Air. As for getting the kit i think thats what I'll do, especially seeing how we have three other types of quads likely to get modified...hopefully we all wont need that same jet lol.

400exJOE
11-03-2001, 08:47 PM
Dont bother with the Dynojet kit. I have one for my 400ex, but that comes with a stage 1 and 2. The stage 2 includes extra jets to be run w/ a pipe. The kit for the 300 only comes w/ stage 1. Plus the kit isn't neccesary. Just ask in this forum to see if anybody is runing the same setup as your gonna and get the right jet size.