PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!...New Jersey To Ban ATVs and Dirt Bikes.

Dale@AGP
12-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Everyone WE NEED YOUR HELP IN A BIG WAY...AS IN HELP!!!!!!!
There’s a bill in the New Jersey Assembly called A-4172 that if passed will in effect put every Motorcycle and ATV shop out of business in New Jersey.

If this is bill is passed... no-one and I mean NO-ONE is going to want to buy an Off-Highway Vehicle for fear of loosing their license for up to 2 years.

If this bill gets passed it will be the end of any off-road riding in New Jersey!!!!!

Click ON ALL THREE LINKS and it will automatically email a letter to every Assemblyman in the New Jersey General Assembly telling them that you are opposed to Assembly Bill A-4172!:

http://ga3.org/campaign/out_of_business

http://ga3.org/campaign/confiscationofOHVs

http://ga3.org/campaign/a4172discriminates

12-13-2007, 07:24 AM
wow if this bill passes ima move to ny

mx1791
12-13-2007, 07:52 AM
i love jersey but this is just annoying. time to move

54warrior
12-13-2007, 08:28 AM
How 'bout a link to the actual bill itself please. I'd like to read it for myself.

ZeroLogic
12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
NJ is one of the most ****tyiest states in America.:ermm: Always has and always will be. Theres just to many rules and regulations.

Robin Hood
12-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I hate living here.

I signed the petition.

Thanks for the heads up Dale.

Mean250r
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
It will never pass, there are to many buisness's involved with the off road industry. I voted though.

Robin Hood
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
It will never pass, there are to many buisness's involved with the off road industry. I voted though.

Exactly. The companies would have a fit if this bill passed.

Dale@AGP
12-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
It will never pass, there are to many business's involved with the off road industry. I voted though.

Dude... you're crazy!

This bill has a lot of support and we're talking about a Lame Duck Assembly... were many of these legislatures are leaving office so they have nothing to loose.

If you think the industry is coming to the rescue then you're naive.

If you want this legislation stopped... then you had better get of your ARS!

Dale:grr:

bradley300
12-13-2007, 03:00 PM
i assume the ATVA, AMA ad the Blue Ribbon coaltion know about this? If not i'd say now is the tiime to contact them

Dale@AGP
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i assume the ATVA, AMA ad the Blue Ribbon coaltion know about this? If not i'd say now is the tiime to contact them

AMA/ATVA, MIC, NOHVCC, ARRA and Blur Ribbon are all over this!

But there is only so much they can do.

For this type of legislation to be stopped we need New Jersey state residents that vote to get involved.

These politicians view the industry reps as looking out for the industry and this legislation is being pushed by the Enviomental Community.

So if you're a politician leaving office... because you didn't get reelected (that's why it's called a Lame Duck session) what do you have to loose?

Vote Green and someone will hire me!

NJ450rider
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I did my part and sent the three letters. sadly this state is going to hell faster each day. I plan to move in the next few years south so i can have a place to ride and more freedom.

deathman53
12-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I want to know, How can they confisate your OWN property??? Isn't that illegal?? This state is getting worse and worse. I'm glad that I have my dual sports, so I can aviod this issue, but it doesn't eliminate the issue with my atv's, even though, they only get ridden on tracks.

XXX -rider
12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
lol I told ya all to move ,...long time ago !!

Ralph
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
SENT

criminalpoet
12-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Damn treehuggers! I voted.

flht_db
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
How 'bout a link to the actual bill itself please. I'd like to read it for myself.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4500/4172_I1.PDF

Dale@AGP
12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Like I said... if this bill goes into effect, it's going to scare away a lot of new riders.

79400ex
12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Dale@AGP
Like I said... if this bill goes into effect, it's going to scare away a lot of new riders.

That's the hold idea. They want all the trails you guys ( atvs and dirt bike riders) that you paid for. For bicylest and hikers.

flht_db
12-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by flht_db
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4500/4172_I1.PDF

Summary Version

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4500/4172_U1.PDF

Dale@AGP
12-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by flht_db
Summary Version

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4500/4172_U1.PDF

Ya it's pretty ugly!

If this bill gets passed just about anyone new to the sport that's consider purchasing an OHV would NOT DO it based on fear of LOSS OF LICENSE.

How do you even know when you're on state property when the state doesn't even posted it?

Dale

NJ450rider
12-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I got through like 5 or 6 pages in that bill and got sick to my stomach. This is really bad people. this bill will pretty much end riding anything in NJ ever again. This also pertains to out of state people who ride in NJ because they want to charge an out of state registration fee to ride in NJ! WTF is that?!?!?! The one other thing that made me laugh is having registration numbers on your quad and dirtbike. It states that only those numbers and letters will be legal on your quad and dirtbike. having racing numbers will yield a ticket and fine!?!?!?! They will only be allowed temporarily for organized racing events?? That is the most retarded thing i have ever heard!!! This bill is so unconstitutional its not even funny. Please everyone in the tristate area please go to the links and send them to our NJ assemblymen! This bill CANNOT PASS!

deathman53
12-15-2007, 02:50 PM
this bill is bad, however, with the numbers on the bike, its always been in the book. However never enforced. It seams like the new additions to the bill are imcreased fines, impound and confisation, also the loss of license for use on public land and state parks(both of which have always been illegal). I wonder how this will apply to people racing xc and mx, they will have to register their bikes for closed course racing???? Agreed IT CAN'T PASS. The tree huggers have taken control of the state government. I wonder one thing, my dirt bikes are street plated, will the plate be enough for the numbers being easily seen????

In pa, its kinda the same thing with the numbers/plate and racing numbers. You are supposed to have your plate easily seen, even with racing, but your rear number plate hangs in the same spot!! I don't think this applies to closed course riding, only riding on public land. I'd imagine jersey would be the same. Come to think about it, there is a few places to legally ride your atv anyway, Njorvp, Atco, Raceway, that $1200/yr track and of course your own property.

Dale@AGP
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Keep an eye on this post... because there will be some new Action Alerts coming out this week.

We need everyone respond to them and contact their legislators so that Assembly bill A4172 goes back and get revised.

Right now I think we can beat it, but we still need to stay all over it.

It would be nice to see a victory for our cause for a change.

By the way this was in Sundays Philadelphia Inquire: http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20071216_Rough_going_for_ATV_plan.html

Dale@AGP
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Emergency! It’s in the New Jersey Senate today.
Senate Bill S3024 which is the sister bill to Assembly Bill A-4172

This is out of control! The special interest lobby is having Senate Bill S3024 introduced today by Senator Majority leader Cody.

We need everyone to respond to this TODAY by calling the Democratic Majority office at (609) 292-5215 and let them know that you are opposed to Senate Bill S3024 which was not suppose to be introduced until after there was a meeting between NJDEP, NJ Parks and Forest, NJ Motor Vehicles and representatives from both the Off-Highway Community and Environmental community.

This bill needs to be Stopped!

Also let the New Jersey State Senate know that you oppose this legislation NOW!
Click here to automatically sent a message: http://ga3.org/campaign/confiscationofOHVs

NJ450rider
12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay everyone please keep registering and sending the emails to all our state assemblymen. I was told tonight that the enviormental groups are pushing to have this bill put before the floor on january 7th!!! That means we got two weeks to hit em hard to reconsider. dont just let this go!!!

And Dale when and if you read this please contact me i need to talk to you about a few things. Lucky for me i have a few in's with the people tryin to get this to pass.

sparta4188
12-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Man, i hope this doesn't get passed . I want to ride...... plain and simple.

sunco
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I voted. This is what gift I give to my family. ATV & dirt bike riding. Thats one of the things my kids will talk about there entire life. Shame on NJ for even looking in to such a thing.

sunco
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I was thinking & don't forget how much money we spend in the RV industry either. Its all so negative - I pay my fare share of taxes & I want to ride w/ friends & family.