PDA

View Full Version : 250r gearing

gregw338
12-13-2007, 06:37 AM
With a 330 stroker will I be able to pull 6th gear on the sand? With my r at stock bore, stock gearing, esr trx5 full exhaust and 36mm tmx carb it seems I could barely could pull 5th gear. If so could I even gear it a little taller, maybe a 14f 39r? If this helps I will be running 8 blade 21" haulers on douglas rims. If anybody has any helpful info feel free to jump in.

Scott-300ex
12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
39 in the rear makes it lower.

You will almost be even with stock

gregw338
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I would be going up 1 tooth in the front also.

criminalpoet
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Really man the power is in the portwork and compression to be able to pull 6th gear in the sand. A larger stroke and larger bore size alone will not allow you to pull 6th gear in the sand. Your motor has to be set up correctly, you have to have a good amount of hp and a good amount of torque to keep that hp alive, and you have to have a good amount of compression to help your torque help to keep your hp alive lol. Most people think that every port job is the same and thats a far cry from the truth.

I have a friend with a 310 from CT Racing that cant pull 6th out here in the New Mexico sand. But my stock bore stock cylinder 89 long rod motor built by 1 Dir Racing pulls 6th with no problems in the sand. Not only does it pull 6th gear in the sand but it tops 6th out, and its geared at 14 up front and 37 in the rear. If your new motor wont pull 6th, and it should with no problem, just do some research and find a good shop to change your porting around a bit.